Senior Welder - FluxCore at Trinity Industries, Inc.
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ashland City, Tennessee
Welding 1801322 Requisition # 18 hours ago Post Date
Trinity Marine Products, Inc. (TMP) is a leading U.S. manufacturer of barges that transport dry and liquid cargoes on inland waterways. TMP in Ashland City, TN manufactures tank barges that carry petroleum and other refined products, chemicals, fertilizer, ethanol, and other liquid cargoes. TMP also manufactures dry cargo barges, including flat-deck and hopper barges that transport a variety of products, such as grain, coal, and aggregates.
Our welders get to see the products they've built on waterways across the country. As a Senior Welder at Trinity Marine Products in Ashland City, you'll apply appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials according layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches using manual, auto welding, and/or semi-automatic welding equipment.
What you'll do:
- Proficiently weld overhead (MIG/FCAW)
- Perform fillet and groove welds in all positions
- Perform Stick welds
- Proficiently perform Carbon Arcing and gouging
- Proficiently perform flat, vertical, and horizontal fillet welds
- Repair welds
- Perform flat groove welds
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 2 years of FCAW weld experience
- Understand weld layout and processes
- Ability to read blueprints
- Satisfactorily pass vertical and overhead fillet welding as well as groove welding tests in a horizontal position using manual and semi-automatic welding processes
- Must demonstrate ability to carbon arc gouge and to use the oxy-fuel cutting process
- Must be able to inspect own finished welds to meet Trinity Quality Standards
- Ability to work day shift 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday