Trader Support Specialist at Prudential
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Trade Management – Settlements – Sr. Investment Ops Specialist
We are looking for a Sr. Investment Ops Specialist to join the PGIM Operations Trade Management team. Prudential Financial helps individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. We are known for delivering on our promises to our customers, and are recognized as a trusted brand and one of the world’s most admired companies.
If you are results driven, motivated, have a passion for working with financial data, and are deeply analytical and highly innovative, then Prudential’s PGIM Sr. Investment Ops Specialist role is the position for you!
Who are we?
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Our businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. Within Prudential, PGIM is our global investment management business. It is a name that stands for long-term conviction in asset management. With a powerful multi-manager model and a steady hand in a volatile world, PGIM is built on strength, stability and a 140-year legacy.
PGIM Operations provides the support that allows Prudential to be a top 10 worldwide institutional money manager with over $1 trillion in assets under management. To learn more, please visit: www.PGIM.com
The Sr. Investment Ops Specialist role:
· A subset of approving the wires is ensuring that participated wires and foreign conversion wires are sent to the appropriate counterparty timely and accurately.
· The second piece of this role includes approving external and internal wires for all the Private Asset managers supported including PGIM REF, Impact Investments, AAG, and PCG.
· With pending projects for foreign currency cash, this person will approve FX conversions and straights in the DAS system to ensure timely conversions.
· This person will be in charge of the daily process to execute GIB/POJ balance moves as well as monthly BONY Hartford moves.
· A Review and approval process will be required for the end of day report to ensure all activity was processed correctly.
· This person will partner effectively and efficiently with internal and external business partners, including Accounting, Deal Management, PAM Team, Corporate Banking, Asset Managers, and Pru Global Funding.
· There may be opportunity to learn new skills and responsibilities within the Custody and Disbursements teams and possibly manage direct reports.
· Experience using Bank Systems, PAM, Excel, Word, Adobe & Cognos preferred
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong problem-solving skills
· High level of self-motivation
· Excellent communication and analytical skills
· Ability to multi-task during high volume periods
· Ability to manage multiple priorities, work independently and interact effectively with team members and other internal/external partner
The position has responsibilities which include the processing of wire transfers. In accordance with the Treasurer's Policy "Background Screenings on Wire Transfer Associates," any candidate selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate a candidate from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the candidate from this and other position in Prudential, including their current position if they are an internal applicant.