LUMBER MULTI-OPERATOR at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dudley, North Carolina
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking experienced manufacturing employees for our Lumber Multi Operator role in our Dudley, NC Lumber Mill. As a Multi Operator, you operate lumber production equipment on one or more machine centers. The equipment may include automated saws, scanners, bundlers, sorter trimmers as well as associated transfer fork lifts & lumber handling equipment. Additionally, you will be responsible for cleaning up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
This position offers opportunities to advance as new skills are acquired and openings occur.
If you want to be a part of a team that works safely, produces a quality product, and provides ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Learning to run Lumber equipment until you can run at production levels assigned
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, to reduce hazards and maintain the appearance of the plant
Performing minor repairs to ensure machine reliability and escalate machine maintenance needs appropriately
- Contributing to a team environment by cross training and filling in for other operators during absences
What You Will Need:
- 2 or more years of previous manufacturing or industrial experience
Willing to work any shift (including rotating – days/nights), as well as overtime, weekends & holidays as scheduled
- Willing to work in a non-climate controlled industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks including lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to pull and lift up to 50lbs
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
What Will Put You Ahead?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in lumber or wood products
- Mechanical experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf