Field Trainer, U.S. Sales at E&J Gallo Winery
Posted in Sales 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recognized by Glassdoor as a "Best Place to Work" two years in a row, we couldn't be prouder of our employees. We are the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100 brands. We are committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the team! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Provides Field Sales direct services and training support. Implements sales training programs for the winery and distributor sales forces in an assigned distributor management area. Maintains a strong presence with distributors providing sales training; facilitating the end-to-end training for winery and distributor employees. Helps manage relationships within the distributor teams allowing for continued business development opportunities for the winery. Works closely with the National US Sales training team in recommending and implementing measures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of sales training programs, driving performance management efforts across the domestic sales.
- Provides on-the-job training for new sales employees, representatives and merchandisers.
- Maintains communication with appropriate Sales Management and Director of US Sales Training.
- Trains, develops and coaches new District Managers and Key Account Managers.
- Delivers training and development within the distributors for high potentials.
- Delivers training across the assigned area for winery sales.
- Drives the participation and adoption of overall Gallo U training programs throughout the winery sales area and local distributors (if applicable/accessible).
- Helps modify corporate training curriculums for specific sales use within the area.
- Partners with other training colleagues to develop new offerings in the sales training curriculum.
- Tracks training metrics regarding utilization, effectiveness, spend, etc. associated with training programs.
- Ensures budgetary compliance.
- Identifies employee needs and works to adjust training curriculum as needed, and/or refer employees to appropriate developmental resources.
- Monitors training opportunities within local area (e.g., opportunities to partner with retailers, share groups, etc.) and refers employees for these opportunities.
- Assists in the selection of appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations and computer-based training.
- Evaluates effectiveness and efficiency of training and makes recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Assists in the organization and development of training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids and other educational materials for the area.
- Drives sales excellence aby assisting in the design and delivery of performance based training programs that include team based skills and technical skills training.
- Models best practice training behaviors.
- Assists in ensuring timely and accurate implementation of sales training programs.
- Represents sales training by participating on interdepartmental planning and management teams and working cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of technology programs in order to effectively leverage technology and media in training.
- Has a working knowledge of adult learning principles in order to ensure training is appropriate for adult learnings (e.g., multiple presenters, mixed media).
- Makes sound business decisions and optimizes resource allocation based on business trends, data, growth opportunities, etc.
- Embraces innovation and demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset –Driving future-focused change.
- Acts as a Gallo Ambassador, advocating for our brands, including hosting events, leveraging social media and other tools to promote for Gallo sales within his/her community.
- Strategically focuses his/her time on the biggest opportunities to maximize sales and grow Gallo brands (i.e., all distributors, reps, markets, etc. are not treated equally).
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of Gallo/distributor sales experience OR Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of external selling experience.
- Valid driver’s license and successful completion of background check. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to be 21 years of age or older.
- Required to obtain liquor license as required by state/locality.
- Required to travel by air and automobile up to 75% during the course of business
- Required to see, taste, and smell wine and perform product tastings as part of job functions.
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership selling, time management, public speaking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of Gallo/distributor sales experience, or Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of external selling experience.
- Experience with selling or marketing Gallo products.
- Experience writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Skilled in speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Skilled in solving practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Skilled in interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience with reading, analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience handling multiple priorities with frequent interruptions.
- Experience working with all levels and functions within the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be on his/her feet for long periods of time and frequently bend and stoop. The employee will be required to travel long distances by automobile (and occasionally commercial air transport) and visit multiple locations within the course of a day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The temperature, noise level and cleanliness of the work environment varies with each retail account. The employee will be exposed to alcoholic beverages in the context of tasting, evaluation and demonstration.
Equal Opportunity Employer