Donor Specialist at ITxM
Posted in Health Care 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
*** Location- North Hills Community Donor Center***
Determines potential blood donor eligibility, performs phlebotomies for all forms of collections including automated and apheresis procedures and post donation activities. Maintains a high donor retention rate by practicing excellent customer service techniques and technical skills. Supports the achievement of the company’s goals by following organizational and departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and safety guidelines.
Position Responsibilities (Expected Work):
- Major Activity: Determines the eligibility of all prospective donors based upon the evaluation of the health history and physical findings. Accepts and defers donors appropriately based on applicable SOPs. Documentation is neat and legible.
- Major Activity: Performs the phlebotomy and associated tasks as per applicable SOPs. Takes initiative to demonstrate the ability to process donors in a timely manner, utilizing the bed set up specified by management. Seeks assistance when deemed appropriate.
- Major Activity: Performs all quality control work processes. Accurately completes all associated documents in accordance with SOPs.
- Major Activity: Attempts to reschedule all donors. Recruits and converts donors for automated procedures when applicable. Demonstrates commitment and support to achieve company goals.
- Major Activity: Exceeds customer service expectations by providing a high degree of customer service to all contacts in support of the ITxM Mission. Displays awareness of donor perception. Uses appropriate topics of conversation to engage the donor. Refrains from negative topics of discussion.
- Major Activity: Works positively and respectfully with co-workers, supervisors and manager, exhibiting a commitment to teamwork. Displays an awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Donor Coach Only. Responsibilities include preparing the bus (load/unload), safely driving, parking, delivery of products to the manufacturing area and all other actions needed for donor coach operation. Maintain current CDL.
- Major Activity: Other duties as assigned
- Complies with all SOPs/policies/accepted processes.
- Successfully meets thresholds of operational defined spec limits such as controllable loss rate and low error rate.
- Adapts to workload and scheduling changes.
- Maintains current CPR training.
Education and Training:
- High school education or equivalent (G.E.D).
- Medical Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Licensed Practical Nurse,Phlebotomy certification or 1 year phlebotomy required.
- Donor Coach Only-Valid, verifiable CDL required with clean driving record.
- 1 year customer service experience required
- Phlebotomy experience required
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work/participate in a team environment.
- Ability to perform phlebotomy.
- Ability to multi task.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record consistent with ITxM policy.
- Language skills must include the ability to read, write, speak English effectively and follow oral and written instructions consistent with policies and procedure, SOPs or other requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff to enhance Central Blood Bank's relationship with the community.
- Maintain a positive focus in solving problems, which is observable in tone of voice, body language and conversation.
- Demonstrates teamwork through both verbal and non-verbal actions that support department projects and changes through participation.
- Follows departmental reporting lines when dealing with employee and donor concerns and/or assignments.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Required to spend the majority of the workday bending, standing, walking, talking, hearing and using hands. Must be able to work in a variety of sites with varying accessibility.
- Required to lift up to 50 pounds and able to assist in lifting donor(s).
- Close vision and peripheral vision required as well as the ability to focus on detailed tasks and paperwork. Employee is exposed to blood or blood products 100% of the workday.
- OSHA Category I: position whose task/duties will put them at risk for exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials, therefore, universal/standard precautions required. Moderate noise level.
- Required to travel to different donor centers and/or mobile drive locations to perform tasks as assigned with short notice.
- Must be flexible with hours and days worked.
*********************************************************************************************** Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.