SQL Database Administrator (Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance) at Akima, LLC
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Springfield, Virginia
SAVA services and solutions help our federal clients provide for national security, improve communications and collaboration, secure the integrity of information systems and networks, enhance data collection and analysis, and increase efficiency and mission effectiveness. We’re at the forefront of the communications breakthroughs that bring Federal, state, local and International organizations together for leading edge collaborative solutions in our fight against global crime and terrorism.
The candidate shall provide database expertise to extract evidence from proprietary pharmaceutical databases and create standardized reporting templates. The candidate will frequently encounter databases in the form of backups, flat files, or archives. In many cases, the physical servers are not accessible or are no longer functional and administrative privileges are not available. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recovering proprietary pharmaceutical databases from flat files or backups.
- Restoring databases and database services to virtual machines for further analyses. This may include configuration of Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) services, network configuration, and other system services in order to re-create a functional platform.
- Gaining access and/or permission to data.
- Developing SQL queries to extract desired information.
- Exporting results to human-readable format including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, or other suitable reporting mechanisms.
- Writing clear and concise technical reports and notes detailing work to be referenced in documentation, forensic reports, or other work products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field
- 3+ years SQL database experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Active DOD Secret clearance level or higher
- DEA Suitability
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.