Service Specialist at Document Technologies, LLC
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
EPIQ is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Service Specialist.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provide support for miscellaneous requests and flex services with a "can do" attitude and philosophy
- Maintain a positive team-player mentality
- Accurately communicate with client staff and EPIQ team members regarding commitments, deadlines, challenges, requests, etc.
- Deliver on service commitments in a timely and accurate manner
- Invest proper effort and QC approach to deliver highest quality work and service
- Comply with EPIQ's standards of operations as set forth in the contract agreement, the site operations manual, and the employee handbook
- Work closely with the client's staff to ensure seamless day-to-day operations as the first line of contact with the client's visitors
- Answer incoming telephone calls and direct call traffic to the proper person
- Take accurate and complete messages for those employees who may be unavailable
- Greet and announce visitors in a friendly and business-like manner
- Maintain neatness and organization of reception desk and front closet areas with various administrative duties as outlined by the Site Manager
- Provide excellent client service as the liaison between the Firm/Organization and their building management
- Assist with office moves, maintenance of carpet log, hanging of pictures, light bulb outages, furniture rehabilitation, etc.
- Coordinate office furniture and equipment moves with other operating departments of the firm, such as IT, Telecom, Maintenance, and Janitor
- Responsible for communicating facility issues with client and assisting where needed
- Provide excellent client service as the first line of contact with the client
- Responsible for the organization and upkeep of various satellite copy rooms throughout an assigned work area. This includes the stocking of general supplies, delivery of paper, and basic daily maintenance of the copier(s) in that area
- Responsible for the pick-up and delivery of all mail/parcels as well as all copy, print and scan projects that area assigned to the Copy Center
- Retrieve, compile, and distribute requested records and information
- Responsible for document control and records management throughout the information lifecycle for physical and electronic records
- Re-file records, files and record storage containers
- Maintain accurate records circulation database
- Receive and process records in accordance with established procedures
- Comply with all business protocol, regulatory and best records management practices and requirements
- Provide excellent client service as the coordinator of the clients' conference rooms, common areas and kitchens
- Ensure clients requests for the set-up and use of meeting rooms are handed accurately and proactively
- Place orders for food and beverages for use during meetings as assigned
- Inspect and ensure that all rooms are clean, stocked with supplies and ready for continual use
- Organize and distribute client kitchen supplies
- Maintain inventory control and order supplies as needed
- Perform cleaning, dusting and other incidental tasks as assigned
- Perform basic mathematical calculations using a calculator/computer to accurately figure production time and labor time associated with any copy, print, scan or production requests
- Follow established guidelines and procedures for receiving, documenting, organizing and mailing out client packages (i.e. parcel deliveries, messenger services, etc.)
- Ensure accurate tracking, monitoring and recording of all charges, overtime, logs and entries throughout his/her shift
- Answering telephone inquiries, loading/unloading parcels, delivering of parcels, copying, and faxing and guest requests
- Due to the cyclical nature of the industry team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the firm
- Specific duties as assigned
- Sort, distribute and meter US mail with knowledge of current postal rates
- Ensure all projects have been properly produced and Quality Checked (QC'd) to EPIQ's standard
- Ensure clients request and the delivery of faxes/parcels in a timely matter in accordance to EPIQ's standards
Required Characteristics and Credentials:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year professional level work experience
- Previous experience in a client service oriented field preferred
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills be personable, articulate, knowledgeable and professional in presenting oneself in a professional setting
- Ability to learn skills quickly
- Flexibility in dealing with simultaneous projects
- Attention to detail
- Ability to function with a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy in handling any "complaint situations"
- Ability to lift or move 40 lbs. or greater
- Fine and/or gross motor skills, including the ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages on a standard wheeled cart with a load capacity of 100 lbs.
- Ability to walk, bend, kneel, stand, and/or sit for an extended period of time
- Manual dexterity required for operating office machinery (phone, copy machines, binding equipment, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products pertaining to the specific position including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel etc.
- Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Visual acuity
- Able to convey information and ideas through speech in ways that others will understand
- Able to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Able to speak clearly so listeners understand, identify and understand the speech of another person
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong initiative required; ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Epiq and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.