Production Team Member 5/18 ∞ at 3M
Posted in Manufacturing 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Moncure, North Carolina
Production Team Members will be responsible for the operation and monitoring of process equipment to make roofing granules.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrating safe work behaviors to avoid injury to self or others
- Following operating procedures and customer specifications to produce quality products which are delivered to customers on time
- Working effectively within a production work team and collaborate with other teams
- Contributing to continuous improvement and problem solving
- Maintaining neat and orderly conditions in area and help maintain and promote safe conditions
- Operating assigned equipment in a safe, effective, and efficient manner
- Operating processes according to procedures
- Taking appropriate action when unusual conditions occur
- Using hand and power trucks
- Using computers as needed to run process operation
- Monitoring other operations and works cooperatively with others
- Performing non-routine tasks when required
This position may require:
- Working a fixed shift
- Working a 2nd shift
- Working extended hours
- Short notice shift coverage
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Working in varying climate conditions
- Working at heights
- Exposure to outdoor elements
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum six (6) months of manufacturing or construction related experience
- Minimum six (6) months of previous experience operating Power Industrial Vehicles
- Minimum three (3) years of manufacturing or construction related experience
- Basic computer and math skills
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to recognize malfunctions and equipment failures
Location: Moncure, NC
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Production Team Member position at 3M Moncure. 3M anticipates that multiple openings for this position will occur over time. Qualified applicants may be considered as Production Team Member openings occur at 3M Moncure, and 3M will accept applications for up to 6 months from the posting date of this requisition. Eligible applications will be kept open and active until 11/15/2018. After that, the posting will be taken down and applicants will need to apply/re-apply for available open postings at that time.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
See job description.