Operator, Plant (Meeker, CO) at Enterprise Products Company
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rifle, Colorado
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership’s assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The Plant Operator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of natural gas cryogenic plant, centrifugal natural gas compressors, TEG dehydrators, fluid separation equipment, valves, gas measurement equipment, etc. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate natural gas plant and pipeline equipment including, but not limited to: centrifugal natural gas compressors, TEG dehydrators, fluid separation equipment, valves, gas measurement equipment, etc.
- Operate plant equipment and system.
- Start-up/shutdown of plant equipment.
- Adjust controls to operate equipment in the recommended or prescribed operating ranges.
- Visually inspect equipment and controls at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication.
- De-pressure equipment and pipelines.
- Operate valves.
- Monitor plant and pipeline operations and respond to emergency or upset conditions.
- Operate under Process Safety Management (PSM) as required.
- Implement safe work practices and participate in proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for the employee, public and environment at all times.
- Monitor gas gathering system through SCADA and make calls to alert customers of situations that could affect gas deliveries.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and record keeping requirements are met and continually monitored.
- Read, monitor and record various operating conditions such as pressure, temperature, hours of operations, fuel consumed, water levels, etc.
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment including, but not limited to: reciprocating natural gas compressors, fluid separation equipment, valves, etc.
- Monitor, remove and replace filters, oil, chemicals, other lubricating fluids, gaskets, and valves as needed.
- Change gauges.
- Maintain sites in a clean condition including picking up/taking out trash, control weeds and grassy areas, minor painting, etc.
- Clean out site glasses as necessary.
- Change out suction/discharge valves on natural gas compressors, light bulbs, and fuses.
- Improve upon meeting the needs and demands of customers.
- Maintain a near perfect driving record.
- Direct and supervise contract labor involved in plant maintenance activities.
- Collaborate with direct supervisor on new and improved ideas associated with an evolving plant and pipeline system.
- Work a rotating 12 hour shift schedule.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Technical certification or equivalent training in a mechanical environment or energy related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of the operation, control and general design of various kinds of systems typically present in a processing or fractionation plant is preferred.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions is required.
- Basic computer skills such as: opening, creating and updating content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets is required.
- Ability to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, customers, and stakeholders of the business, at various levels of the organization, in a business like and professional manner is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues. Quickly and efficiently completes tasks.
- The ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability and commitment to the role, team and company.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with less definition, policy, and bureaucracy.
- Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
- Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- May work in confined spaces (i.e., tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- Must be able to wear respiratory devices for extended periods of time when needed.
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
- Must live within the Meeker and/or Rife, Colorado area.