AVP, Business Analytics at Chubb
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Critical position in Westchester Specialty Group’s Business Analytics team, responsible for the development, reporting and management of information necessary to drive our business.
This role will have direct responsibility for data management and reporting, including providing accurate, clear, concise information to Westchester management on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Critical factors for success include delivering results while maintaining a detailed focus, ability to take ownership and meet deadlines, being a self-motivated team player coupled with the ability to work independently, identifying issues and developing sound recommendations for remediation, developing broad relationships, a willingness and desire to continuously build on insurance and product knowledge, and the ability to thrive in fast paced environment.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages timely and accurately
- Support data management function of Business Analytics team related to recurring and ad-hoc reporting and analysis; this includes utilization of available data from various systems by data extraction/data load, data cleansing, variable creation, and building reports and trend analysis.
- Support Portfolio and Producer management analysis across multiple lines of businesses
- Assemble data from multiple sources including underwriting, claims, actuarial, and product databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Work with several large and complex databases, including scripting (e.g., SQL, Netezza, SAS)
- Designing and building reports and analyses in various data analytics tools (e.g., QlikView, Microsoft BI). This includes producing new and ad-hoc reports.
- Identify opportunities for automation, efficiency and overall improvement.
Technical Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree Business with an Accounting/Finance/MIS major or other related fields of study
- CPA, CMA or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience with a large public company in an accounting or financial analysis role, or experience with a large or Big 4 firm in an auditing role
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years related experience in Insurance industry with in-depth knowledge of Insurance Financials and Data Applications.
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make solid recommendations
- Proficiency in end-user applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience with Dashboard tools (e.g. QlikView, QlikSense, Tableau, Haddoop)
- Experience with cubes and relation-based databases (Hyperion, Cognos, Essbase, Access, SQL, SAS)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and form depending on the audience
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization, while building positive relationships
- Must demonstrate an orientation to results
- Demonstrated integrity and dedication
- Professional attitude, appearance and demeanor