McWane Ductile Ohio - General Laborer at McWane Ductile Ohio
Posted in Manufacturing 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Coshocton, Ohio
General Laborer Job Posting:
McWane is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
McWane is a premiere manufacturer and world class supplier of ductile iron pressure pipe, ductile iron flanged pipe, compact fittings, mechanical joint fittings and specialty pipe in the waterworks industry and infrastructure. Our Company-manufactured products are American made and are reliable, durable and sustainable for generations. In addition to being a division of McWane, Inc., we are a Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Star Site. This distinctive designation is OSHA's recognition of McWane's exemplary health and safety programs demonstrated by our cooperative management and union relationship which resulted in injury rates consistently below industry averages.
McWane offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Duties – Primary job duties include but are not limited to the following:
Duties involve heavy production labor work performing a variety of manual and/or unskilled tasks such as working with plant equipment, machine operation, conducting inspections, cleaning/general housekeeping, and other duties associated with an industrial manufacturing plant. This is a dirty, noisy environment that is very hot in the summer and cold in the winter. The Company will provide all required personal protective clothing/equipment such as safety shoes, hard hat, safety glasses, safety gloves, or other equipment as required.
- Be at least 18 years of age and eligible to work in the United States
- Have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Pass a post-offer physical, hair analysis drug and alcohol screening, criminal background check, personal reference checks and/or employment verifications
- Work in a physically demanding, loud industrial manufacturing environment
- Frequent lifting/pushing/pulling/carrying up to 40 pounds
- Frequent bending, kneeling, stooping and standing for long periods
- Reach low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination
- Use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects and manipulate controls
- Walk on level, uneven and slippery surfaces
- Work on/around heavy moving equipment/large machinery
- Work in an environment that may be indoors/outdoors, cold/hot, with exposure to dirt/dust/grit/fumes/chemicals and smoke
- Hear, speak and use close and distance vision
- Work various shifts, weekends and overtime
- Meet attendance schedules with dependability and consistency
- Communicate with supervisors and other associates
- Work within a team and take direction from supervisors
- Understand and follow work and safety rules, operating instructions and procedures
- Complete a 480 work hour probationary period