Director - Data Services at Fitch Ratings
Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of todays global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
About the position:
At FitchRatings we are looking for a Director of Data Services Team. The mission of the team is to build a robust data/analytics platform for business. As a leader of this team, you will drive the vision, strategy, and engineering execution of this platform. We need someone who is resourceful, has grit, and a positive can do attitude, acts without being told what to do. We need this person to have the ability to navigate and lead the team through high-priority requests and tight timelines.
- Provide leadership in software engineering, data science, and analytics in the development of current or future services/products or technologies
- Work independently to figure out technical challenges, identify options and come up with solutions with a focus on cloud native approach, automation, and innovation.
- Develop project plans and handle projects with aggressive time frames and assure that goal, budgets and deadlines are met and expectations are well managed
- Use problem-solving skills that help identify, isolate and resolve problems and issues in a timely fashion to negate or minimize customer impact
- Possess strong leadership skills and serve as the primary contact for initiatives. Work to influence and conduct cross-functional projects - some with remote resources. Develop a close working relationship with other groups in the company as well as external contacts.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience driving operational excellence and engineering best practices for microservices, large data processing, and distributed systems.
- Experience with object-oriented design and programming in languages such as Java, Python, and Scala
- Experience with polyglot persistence such as RDBMS/NoSQL data stores (Oracle, Postgress, Mongo)
- Experience of Event-driven, microservices, and Real-time streaming frameworks is highly desirable
- Experience of Batch-processing architectures and technologies.
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (Spark, Kafka, Flink, EMR)
- Experience with current DevOps toolchains for infrastructure deployment, software build/test/deploy, and systems/application monitoring/logging such as Bamboo, Maven, Chef, ELK, Sumo, NewRelic, etc .
- Knowledge of multiple analytics platforms, measurement solutions, data visualization tools, and experience using these tools to provide meaningful insight.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Years of Experience
- 12 (A1) + years of software development experience building large-scale enterprise software
- 3+ years of experience in building, managing, and growing high-performance software engineering team
- 5+ years of experience in working with Database technologies (RDBMS/NoSQL)
- 2+ years of experience working with cloud architecture utilizing the infrastructure and platform cloud services (AWS)
(A1) Please check if a director exp level is 12+ years. Would be good to confirm
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp