Staff Engineer - Development at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Architecture 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Senior / Staff Engineer (Nanofabrication)
We are looking for a highly talented Senior / Staff engineer to be a part of the NanoFab team within the product development engineering group. A candidate with proven track record in the areas of nanofabrication, wafer processing, device physics, and a variety of nanoscale characterization methods would be considered. As a successful candidate you will work in a fast pace and dynamic environment to create consumable devices to enable next generation sequencing products.
Job duties will include, but are not be limited to
- Develop novel nanofabrication techniques for next-generation sequencing platforms.
- Strong wafer fabrication process and sensor / photonic device fabrication skills.
- Experience in interdisciplinary fields combining nanofabrication, device physics, material science and surface chemistry is highly desirable.
- Experience in nanoscale characterization methods (SEM, AFM, EDX etc.), with the ability to build new characterization methods.
- Experience with working with external partners on technology development. Experience with technology scale up and transfer to manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Experience with design of experiments (DOE) and statistical data analysis techniques and tools (JMP, Minitab etc.) is highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment are required.
Preferred Educational and Experiential Background:
- The ideal candidate will have a MS / PhD in Science or Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Nanoengineering or related discipline.
- 3-10 years’ industry experience with demonstrated ability to identify, develop, and implement nanoscale device fabrication techniques.
- Diverse background including an understanding of current Photonics / MEMS industry, micro/Nano fabrication technology, materials, techniques, and associated characterization methods.
- Solid statistical data analysis background with knowledge and hands on experience using six sigma methods.
- Fluency in at least one programming environment (Python, R etc.) is a must. Knowledge of image processing, and Dx and FDA regulations is a plus.
- Self-driven team player with attention to detail and analytical problem-solving skills, that can work well in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary industrial environment.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf