Senior Account Manager at Lonza Biologics, Inc.
Posted in Science 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description Summary
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced biopharmaceutical Senior Account Manager to join our Lonza NA East Coast Sales Team.
In this role your primary responsibility is to proactively manage customer relationships and deliver year-on-year revenue and pipeline targets to support delivery of Lonza's growth targets.
Position is remote, can be based anywhere in US (reports into Portsmouth, NH). Focus for this role is strategic accounts in Cell and Viral Therapy.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the customer's business and act as the customer advocate internally to cultivate and maintain positive customer relationships
- Target potential growth opportunities, consistent with Lonza's capabilities, and develop value propositions and actions plans to increase the project portfolio and licensing opportunities
- Support as necessary management of technology specific global Key Account opportunities to deliver growth of key account sales revenues
- Act as the customer advocate and leverage internal team expertise to resolve problems and follow through on commitments, elevating critical issues to the appropriate management level for removal of organizational barriers to resolve customer problems
- Plan and perform the selling, proposal and contract negotiation processes, developing and deploying robust value propositions and action plans to close deals effectively and maximize margin
- Build and sustain a deep knowledge of the Lonza offerings (including licensing) , in relation to key competitors, to ensure Lonza's value offering is strongly communicated and understood
What we need you to have:
- Degree in life sciences; preferred area of study: Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry
- Significant selling experience in biopharmaceuticals, biologics, or pharma industry; service sales/CMO sales experience strongly preferred
- Good command of English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong business awareness and commercial acumen in positioning Lonza products/services
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships based on trust and long term commitment
- Interest in understanding customer motivation and customer value drivers to realize full account potential.
- Strong personal belief and self-confidence in your sales ability
- Strength of character to have tough conversations with customer
- Optimism and the tenacity to bounce back from rejection
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lonza. The place to Go, Stay and Grow.