Fill/Finish Tech III (3rd shift) at Lonza Walkersville, Inc.
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Walkersville, Maryland
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description Summary
Overview/Role Purpose: Responsible for participating in upstream and/or downstream aseptic manufacturing of LAL products in a ISO 5 environment according to company and departmental SOPs. Performs set-up and operate production equipment in the LAL Filling and Finishing areas. Performs product inspections and final kit packaging of finished goods. Train others to perform cross-functional tasks.
Key Accountabilities and Duties:
- Trains other technicians on basic department specific tasks
- Leads implementation of large scale continuous improvement projects (Lean 6 Sigma)
- Leads aseptic process manufacturing in a ISO 5 cleanroom (small team based)
- Leads inspection and packaging of finished goods (small team based)
- Operates and troubleshoots Filling and Finishing production machinery
- Allocates inventory using SAP / Assist inventory management
- Manages flow of controlled documents/ prepares in-process document files
- Performs environmental and personnel monitoring of controlled areas
Minimum Required Qualifications/Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in preferred area of study: Biological Sciences (or like field)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent AND 4-5years of experience in GMP manufacturing environment with aseptic technique in ISO 5 cleanrooms
- Knowledge of cGMP and aseptic clean room behavior
- Able to pass aseptic gowning qualification
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office and SAP, organizational skills, recordkeeping skills, ability to manage multiple projects, and time management skills
- Written and oral communication skills, team oriented, independent work skills, strong work ethic
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lonza. The place to Go, Stay and Grow.