Real Estate Sales Instructor at Sothebys International Realty Inc
Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Sotheby's International Realty, Inc. is seeking a full-time Instructor for our domestic branch and corporate offices. This position will work from NRT’s Madison, NJ office and Sotheby’s International Inc.’s Manhattan office.
Reporting to NRT’s Vice President of Education Strategy and Delivery, this position delivers classroom, virtual and technical programs which support the vision and strategy of NRT’s sales education platform. Position maintains the standards for the sales education and delivery of a best in class experience for all learners.
The position will utilize a variety of instructional techniques and formats, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures to demonstrate a strong ability to manage training sessions to drive optimal outcomes and results. Position will drive a culture of continuous learning. Position will develop productive working relationship with the instructional design team and serve as subject matter experts on delivery and technical training development.
Position will provide feedback to the Sales Education and Delivery Manager to help shape NRT’s and Sotheby’s International Realty Inc.’s ongoing learning strategy. Position must stay abreast of industry related best practices, delivery technology, instructional design, blended and social learning, learning management systems, delivery methods and other relevant aspects of learning in addition to coaching and leadership best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine national and per office training needs and resources through partnering with executive leadership, brokerage managers and sales associates. Keep abreast of current training trends in technology, materials and programs in the RE and luxury service industries as well with SIR and NRT.
- Customize NRT’s training curriculum to fit SIR’s culture and training needs.
- Create and maintain the SIR learning library on SalesPro.
- Educate agents and managers about SalesPro.
- Provide strategic guidance from the brokerage manager and sales agent point of view on all company initiatives and roll-out plans.
- Visits offices to train managers, agents and staff as needed.
- Follow the organizational training and development strategy, vision and action plan to deliver dynamic learning programs through various virtual and in-person delivery methods and platforms
- Actively develop productive working relationships with the Learning Center of Excellence and serve as subject matter experts on delivery and training development
- Support participants and answer questions through all aspects of their learning experience: classroom, blended, technical, etc.
- Use platform delivery options like breakout rooms and forum discussions to engage participants
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in training
- Working knowledge of the adult learning theory and experience working within this industry required
- Experience in the sales learning/training space for a luxury real estate brand and/or luxury consumer or hospitality brand.
- Proven experience in training delivery
- Proven strong collaborative and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation communication skills with individuals at all levels in business
- Must be able to handle many discussions at once and effectively deal with people to achieve optimal outcomes
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Must be able to multitask and effectively deal with people to achieve optimal outcomes
- Be organized and use time management skills wisely
- Use persuasion to shift people’s opinions and points of view as necessary in the classroom
- Anticipate objections and prepare to overcome them
- Encourage participation and actively engage all students in each class
- Ability to travel up to 35% within the region
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with distance learning tools is preferred
- Undergraduate degree preferred