Mine Plant Operator at MartinMariettaMaterials
Posted in Construction 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Kernersville, North CarolinaJob Description:
Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Responsible for operating mine processing plant equipment and other duties as needed for the mine production. Perform daily inspection of equipment. Observe visual and auditory signals during operation. Perform routine daily inspection and report any defects to supervisor. Mechanical abilities are a necessary skill for this position.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- Ability to stay focused on safety culture in high production environment
- 1 year experience in a role with similar responsibilities desired
- Ability to use a computer required
- Occasional weekend work required
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident - Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program - for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.