Senior C#.Net Full Stack Developer (Proprietary Software Development) at Metabolon
Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Senior C#.Net Full Stack Developer (Proprietary Software Development)
JOB CODE 1814
DURHAM, NC, USA Updated - April 18, 2018
We are looking to make multiple hires throughout this year to extend our proprietary software platform to help support global scaling. We need top-notch developers who want to join our team to help us build data-centric applications to support our international lab partners, further our science (over 200 patents), and work with innovative data science/machine learning applications.
Provide your Github account so that we learn about you. We like candidates who enjoy data centric projects and active contributors, inidividuals who are proud of their code. The hiring bar is high as the software is the IP that drives the business. We expect our developers to write software that not only meets the customer requirements but exceeds and anticipates future needs of the business.
Almost every factor affecting health -- from genetics and the microbiome to disease and lifestyle -- exerts its influence by altering metabolite levels. By producing the most accurate, comprehensive picture of the metabolome, Metabolon provides actionable insights to answer some of biology's most difficult questions for researchers and clinicians.
Metabolon is the world's leading health technology company advancing metabolomics for precision medicine and all areas of life sciences research. Our Precision Metabolomics™ is a powerful, patented technology for assessing health and delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, and valuable data in genomics and population health initiatives. Metabolon's expertise is also accelerating R&D across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, consumer products, agriculture and nutrition industries, as well as academic and government organizations. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
As a world leader in big data biochemistry our software team develops cutting-edge laboratory and data analysis pipelines, all with the goal of helping decode how metabolism and life work.
The software development team has doubled in size in the last year to support global expansion efforts. We are looking for exceptional self-starters who take pride in utilizing best practices to build scalable, maintainable software to provide our customers with the best user experience. We look for talented software engineers who believe in our mission, find meaning to the work that we do, and hold themselves accountable for deadlines and high-quality deliverables.
What we expect from you?
· You are a technical visionary and natural mentor that leads by example.
· You thrive on applying industry best practices to design, develop, test, deploy and maintain scalable client facing software working in a professional software engineering environment.
· Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of team members and stakeholders, which may include customers.
· You are adaptable to change and see complex problems and process improvements as the opportunity to do something innovative.
· You like to experiment with new technologies because you get excited about the possibilities of change that it can bring and can't wait to share with others to get their feedback.
· You are dependable and pride yourself on managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
· You are driven by team deliverables and, by nature, enjoy collaboration on issues ranging from scalability, design, release framework, and process to deliver high-quality results.
What you can expect from us?
· A culture of transparency, sharing, and mentoring
· Full stack development - work on a wide variety of data driven projects from laboratory operations, user interface, database, machine learning, big data analysis, and system architecture
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
· 2-15 years of software development experience including a proven history of commercially successful delivery
· Expertise with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, C# or Python
· Experience in building large-scale distributed systems
· Experience developing for high availability and scalability
· Experience with SQL, WCF, ASP.NET, C# and .NET
· Master's, PhD degree or further education or experience in science and/or big data
· Experience in building commercially robust software
· Experience in SOA architecture
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates
Nominal relocation assistance can be provided (position is based in Durham NC)
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.