Director, Span Plan - West Lafayette - Student Success at Purdue University
Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
The Director of Span Plan is responsible for the leadership and supervision of Span Plan Nontraditional Student Services at Purdue. Nontraditional undergraduate students on Purdue's campus include: students who are parents or pregnant, married students or students in a domestic partnership, financially emancipated students, and/or students coming back to school from a 2 year break. The Director is in charge of program administration, services, and activities that support and assist nontraditional learners. Current programs include: tutoring, advising, and orientation, as well as scholarship administration, Alphas Sigma Lambda National Honor Society, and campus wide advocating for this student population. The Director, as the primary advocate for nontraditional students, participates in university committees and groups as needed, as well as maintaining excellent working relationships with the academic advising community and the enrollment management team to ensure services to nontraditional students are both relevant and accessible. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three years of professional experience in student affairs/services in a higher education setting.
- Knowledge of academic programs, higher education issues, budgeting, strategic planning, and computer applications.
- Excellent communication skills both written and interpersonal.
- Ability to serve as an effective leader and represent the team to students, faculty, and the general public in a professional manner.
- Ability to work and collaborate with students, faculty, and staff from a diverse background.
- Valid US or Canadian driver's license.
- Master's Degree.
- Experience advising students or coordinating student programs preferred.
- Experience working with adult/non-traditional students in a college setting.
- Experience in supervising staff and students.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required for this position.
- Purdue will not sponsor work authorization for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.