Custodian Night V - West Lafayette - Building Services at Purdue University
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Assist in maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment in University facilities. Provide custodial services for the University in areas such as: classrooms, offices, research labs, and public spaces. Develop relationships with building occupants and respond to requests. Provide building access by locking and unlocking areas as scheduled by the department. Drive a University owned vehicle during work shift and non-traditional schedule of at least one weekend day per week.
For information about the department, please visit our department page at Building Services
For more information about the services we provide, please visit our web page at Custodial Services
- High school diploma/GED.
- One year of professional custodial experience with good attendance record required.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English to effectively communicate and understand others.
- Possess basic math skills and good work organization.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to learn and use powered and non-powered floor care equipment.
- Will be enrolled in Building Services Custodial Development Program within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to work well with others and work in a team environment.
- Must be self motivated an able to work alone.
- Must be able to make decisions and respond to issues and problems as they arise.
- Learn and follow safety procedures; includes the wearing personal protective equipment as required.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 to 50 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Work outdoors 10% of the time in temperatures below 32 degrees and above 90 degrees.
- A valid US or Canadian driver's license.
- Knowledge of Purdue, West Lafayette campus.
- Eighteen months of custodial, service worker, or janitorial experience.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment authorization for this position.
- The hours for this position are Tuesday through Saturday; 10:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- ALL applicants must apply via Purdue's online recruitment system. No other applications/resumes will be accepted.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: PERF/Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encourage to apply.