Clinical Psychologist/ Mental Health Clinician at University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation
Posted in Health Care 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Working as an independent healthcare provider, you'll play an integral role in our care teams by providing high-quality, cost-effective care to patients while working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health team.
We are seeking a Clinical Psychologist / Mental Health Clinician to:
- Perform assessments to evaluate a variety of mental health and behavioral conditions to children, adolescents and adults.
- Develop individualized, prescriptive treatment plans to fit the needs of each patient using appropriate diagnostic and patient placement criteria.
- Conduct individual, family, and group counseling, utilizing methods consistent with evidence based practice, using a brief, focal model of care when appropriate.
- Utilize outcome tools to determine patient progress.
- Coordinate patient care with primary care, other specialty providers, schools, and families via written and verbal communication.
Minimum – PhD in Psychology or Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling.
Minimum – If PhD or PsyD: Two (2) years of experience. If Master’s Prepared Clinician (LCSW, LMFT, LPC): Three (3) years of experience
Preferred (for all candidates) – Two years’ experience in time-limited psychotherapies including cognitive-behavioral, interpersonal and family therapy is preferred. Knowledge of evidence-based treatments for a variety of mental health and behavioral diagnoses for children and adolescents.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – If PhD or PsyD: Wisconsin licensure and maintenance of licensure. If Master’s Prepared Clinician (LCSW, LMFT, LPC): Licensed as a master’s level mental health provider.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Research and administrative experience preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent interviewing and assessment skills.
- Strong ability to translate assessment information into treatment planning.
- Demonstrated success in working with a culturally diverse patient population and community.
- Demonstrated ability in managing stress and crisis situations.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal community resources available to patients.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
This position is 25% FTE, 10 hours per week. Hours will vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.