Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Arlington, Illinois
PGIM Real Estate Finance (PGIM REF) is one of the nation’s largest full-service commercial real estate lenders. PGIM REF originates a wide variety of commercial mortgage investments for Prudential’s General Account, investment management clients, and other third party capital sources (such as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, CMBS or other institutional investors).
PGIM REF is seeking a highly motivated individual for placement as an Underwriter in the Conventional Agency Multifamily Housing Finance team located in one of the following locations, Arlington, VA, Chicago, IL or San Francisco, CA. The successful candidate will be responsible for underwriting all loan types independently and making complex underwriting decisions with limited to no supervision. The position requires a very organized and detail oriented candidate with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The position requires processing and analyzing information for loans pursuant to the guidelines required by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
Primary Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Review initial screening and loan application.
• Monitor the collection and due diligence materials as well as approval of due diligence materials reviewed by underwriting staff.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for clients and may be the point of contact on credit and underwriting issues with the Agency, when necessary.
• Responsible for training underwriting team members.
• Complete review, analysis and approval of due diligence materials related to a loan submission.
• Review and provide commentary on third party reports.
• Finalize the underwriting narrative and model and/or provide direction to underwriting staff.
• Ensure on-going communication on all aspects of the loan process with key stakeholders.
• Conduct site visits independently.
• Ability to take ownership for loan transactions and manage workload with minimal supervision
• Thorough product knowledge of Agency financing and general multifamily financing alternatives
• Proficient in analysis of Mortgage Credit and Borrower structures
• Excellent critical thinking and decision making skills
• 5 or more years of experience in underwriting roles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Proven management capability