Financial Analyst - FP&A Supply Chain at Land O'Lakes
Posted in General Business 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: ARDEN HILLS, Minnesota
We are a fast-growing, farmer-owned agriculture and food cooperative working to overcome the world's greatest food challenges. Our unique farm-to-fork business model works across crop inputs and insights, animal nutrition, dairy foods and sustainability to get high quality food to those who need it. Land O'Lakes provides opportunities to build a career in a vibrant industry that allows you to play a critical role in delivering on this, and by working together to advance humanity and to help communities around the world.
The Corporate division encompasses the core operational support for all Land O’Lakes businesses. It includes Corporate Strategy, Corporate Communications, Land O’Lakes Foundation and Community Relations, Finance, Law, Member Relations, Facilities, Event Strategy, Security, Human Resources, Information Technology, Corporate Marketing and Government Relations.
We are hiring a Financial Analyst to join our Sourcing FP&A team. In this role, you will provide financial and operational analysis, reporting, and insights to our Ingredient Merchandising business partners and be part of our Finance organization at our Corporate Office in Arden Hills, MN.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Monitor sales, product margins, and commodity positions to provide financial and operational reporting that leads to sound decisions with our business partners.
- Lead development and validation of financial models to evaluate future initiatives requiring capital investment or new market opportunities.
- Support our planning and forecasting processes and engagement with business partners to ensure planning assumptions are aligned and deliverables are completed on time.
- Gather and analyze operational data to develop KPIs in support of strategic goals as well as providing further insights into business key drivers.
- Supply necessary reporting to corporate risk management office to ensure appropriate controls are maintained.
- Coordinate efforts to improve transactional flow, controls, and reporting / planning / forecasting capabilities.
Skills gained / valued / developed:
- Business partnership and P&L planning and reporting
- Commodities & Risk management exposure
- Problem solving & cross functional communication
- System knowledge and process improvement
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years of finance or accounting experience to include a broad knowledge of financial planning and analysis, budgeting, and financial reporting.
Required Competencies and other skills:
- Demonstrated business acumen with a focus on developing cross-functional partnerships through identifying requirements and following through on deliverables.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work effectively across multiple levels, functions, and organizations.
- System skills including experience with multiple business intelligence platforms, ERP and planning systems, and proficiency in Microsoft suite of products.
Preferred Experience & Education:
- Self-starter with a bias for action, able to work independently as financial representative within a matrixed operating environment.
- Ability to turn data into information, and information into insights, which can then be used to influence strategic decision making for the enterprise.
- Experience in agricultural production / consumer packaged goods / commodity markets.
- MBA or CPA desirable.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.