Quality Control Inspector at Genie
Posted in Manufacturing 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baltic, Ohio
- Must be able to understand both the specifications and the engineering drawings related to incoming material, work-in-process and finished product.
- Must be able to determine whether material and product meets the expected standard and be able to measure the product using a variety of hand tools including torque wrenches, rulers, calipers, gauges, micrometers, and measuring equipment.
Production support deliverables
- Must be able to monitor the production process to ensure the process is not introducing defects into the product.
- Must be able to effectively communicate observations to QC and Production and recommend adjustments to the process, equipment or materials.
- Must be able to sort or recommend the sorting of materials or product to material and finished product that does not meet specification.
- Sorting separates products or materials that are substandard from products that meets the minimum standard and prevents production errors from leaving the facility.
- Must be able to clearly and accurately document the results of all inspections, sorting and testing, including lot numbers / date codes, production information, testing information and the results of sorting.
- May also be called upon to re-inspect materials or products after they have been reworked to ensure they conform to the minimum product standards.
- Must be able to continuously walk the entire plant in an eight hour shift.
- Must be able to torque screws, using a torque driver to twenty inch / pounds.
- Must be able to detect subtle differences in color and texture.
- Must be able to keep neat and accurate inspection records.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver, within a range of zero to five feet vertically and twenty-five paces horizontally, a load of up to thirty five pounds.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have good mathematical ability, including good understanding of measurement tools / systems.
- Must have good problem solving skills.
- Must be able to learn to read and understand standard engineering drawings.
- Must be capable of learning to set up and use a wide variety of precision measuring tools including, but not limited to, plug gauges, micrometers, calipers, dial indicators toque wrenches, optical comparators, comtracer, and faro arm.
- Must have ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Must have ability to work in team environment.
- Must be able to work overtime as scheduled.
- The job described reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.