Temp Material Handler at Dymax Corporation
Posted in Admin - Clerical 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Torrington, Connecticut
Communicate between all departments concerning availability of incoming raw materials or components, QC information, and batch manufacturing information. Must be qualified to operate powered material handling equipment. Responsible for material movement within and between departments both physically and within the E1 system. Maintains stockroom, ensuring that transactions, transfers and receipts are handled properly. Report to Inventory Control any suspected inventory discrepancies.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all material transfers in E1 system
- Responsible for physically moving raw materials, parts, and finished goods to their appropriate location
- Stages parts and raw materials within E1 and physically in operations in warehouse areas and at work stations
- Stages finished goods within E1 and physically in finished good staging areas for daily shipments
- Coordination of all materials as assigned by department managers in conjunction with the Shipping Manager
- Load oven with raw material for scheduled work and transfer materials electronically
- Monitor Kanban cards to ensure purchasing is aware of material reorder points
- Handle and organize hazardous and non-hazardous waste collection areas in accordance to current EH&S policies
- Maintain inventory by putting away drums and pails in their proper locations after they are used each shift and assuring that locations are properly moved in E1
- Transfer materials daily between Dymax (318 Industrial Lane, Torrington) and Dymax Oligomers and Coatings (51 Greenwoods Road, Torrington)
- Maintain a clean, safe, organized area(s) in accordance with the 6s guidelines
- Clean, document, and report spills immediately
- Ensure that safe work habits and proper use of PPE is maintained.
- Properly dispose of empty adhesive pails and drums and coordinate with Inventory Control
- May assist with Cycle Counts, cleaning of drums, and work station preparation as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned by shipping manager
- Must demonstrate computer skills, experience with E1 a plus.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Work experience in material processing required.
- Must be qualified to operate powered material handling equipment and handle hazardous waste and non-hazardous waste.
- Good mathematical and organizational skills.
- This position requires a high level of attention to detail, excellent organization, communication and problem solving skills, the ability to hold a high level of confidentiality and good judgment.
- Must be competent in driving a fork truck.
- Clean driving record, and ability to pass the physical for driving a box truck
VEVRAA Federal Contractor