Associate Counsel at First Data Corporation
Posted in Legal 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Shared Services organization, which includes the Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Strategy, Compliance, Legal, Security, Sourcing, and Properties functions, supports our mission to drive our clients’ success with industry-leading solutions, consultative advice and service. The Shared Services teams align with our customer-facing teams in a model that drives consistency, yet also provides the flexibility needed to meet unit-specific goals. Our Shared Services employees bring the domain expertise that helps First Data retain and grow our base of owner-associates, drive profitable growth, navigate complex channel partnerships, and build First Data’s brand equity.
- First Data, a client-focused leading provider of commerce technology solutions, is seeking a lawyer to support its fast-paced Network and Security Solutions business unit, which provides a wide range of technology solutions to business, financial institution, government and consumer clients around the world.
- Our innovative Network solutions include EFT network services, such as STAR, debit, ATM processing, and Prepaid network services, such as digital commerce and wallet solutions, various pay card programs, and prepaid card production and processing.
- Our Security solutions include industry-leading check acceptance and processing, risk analytics and a suite of fraud prevention services.
- This lawyer will be part of a collegial and collaborative legal team that works closely with First Data sales, product and compliance personnel to help our government clients grow their businesses.
- Key responsibilities include advising the business about legal and business risks, interpreting applicable laws and regulations, and drafting and negotiating agreements with various partners and clients.
- May assist in overseeing work of administrative or paralegal staff.
- High opportunity to mitigate risk.
- Degree required - Juris Doctor
- 5+ years of commercial legal experience in a law firm, corporate or government environment
- Previous legal experience in the card payments industry, government contracting or knowledge of regulatory requirements related to the payments industry, money transmission or Card Association rules is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent writing skills, with ability to effectively write clearly and in “Plain English”
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to interact with other lawyers and business professionals, including senior management;
- Intellectual curiosity to learn a complicated and evolving business in a fast paced and increasingly regulated industry;
- Strong leadership skills, executive presence, and advocacy skills;
- Strong ability to analyze and solve problems real-time in a creative and flexible mannerStrong ability to analyze legal and business risks and communicate that analysis in business (rather than legal) style and language.
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity
provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin,
age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender
identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy
or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be
protected by law.