Finance Manager - FP&A Supply Chain/Sourcing at Land O'Lakes
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: ARDEN HILLS, Minnesota
We are a fast-growing, farmer-owned agriculture and food cooperative working to overcome the world's greatest food challenges. Our unique farm-to-fork business model works across crop inputs and insights, animal nutrition, dairy foods and sustainability to get high quality food to those who need it. Land O'Lakes provides opportunities to build a career in a vibrant industry that allows you to play a critical role in delivering on this, and by working together to advance humanity and to help communities around the world.
The Corporate division encompasses the core operational support for all Land O’Lakes businesses. It includes Corporate Strategy, Corporate Communications, Land O’Lakes Foundation and Community Relations, Finance, Law, Member Relations, Facilities, Event Strategy, Security, Human Resources, Information Technology, Corporate Marketing and Government Relations.
Our Supply Chain FP&A team is hiring. As a Finance Manager of our Sourcing FP&A group you will lead an analyst team and provide financial and operational analysis, reporting, and insights to our business partners. Specific areas of accountability include: Sourcing, Merchandising, Risk Management, Contract Manufacturing, and leveraging BI tools across our enterprise wide spend of $10B dollars. Sourcing is one of the three platforms across supply chain along with manufacturing and logistics. The position reports into the Director of Supply Chain finance at our Corporate Office in Arden Hills, MN.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Drive total cost of ownership purchasing decisions across sourcing, and help identify and quantify Total Margin Management (productivity) opportunities.
- Ensure appropriate risk management controls are maintained, and communicate impact of hedging activities and commodity markets to operating divisions.
- Utilize a variety of BI tools to analyze and segment spending to assist sourcing teams in the creation of category management strategies.
- Support our planning and forecasting processes and engage with business partners to ensure planning assumptions are aligned and deliverables are completed on time.
- Deliver value-added analysis and provide meaningful financial and operational reporting that leads to sound business decisions.
- Coordinating efforts to improve transactional flow, controls, and reporting / planning / forecasting capabilities.
- Develop analyst team through coaching and mentorship within performance management process.
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
Skills gained / valued / developed:
- Business partnership and P&L planning and reporting
- Commodities and Risk management exposure
- Team leadership and employee development
- Problem solving and cross functional communication
- Systems knowledge and process improvement
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 8 years of finance or accounting experience to include a broad knowledge of financial planning and analysis, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Experience leading, managing, and developing analyst team members.
Required Competencies and other skills:
- Demonstrated business acumen with a focus on developing cross-functional partnerships through identifying requirements and following through on deliverables.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work effectively across multiple levels, functions, and organizations.
- System skills including experience with multiple business intelligence platforms, ERP systems, and proficiency in Microsoft suite of products.
- Self-starter with a bias for action, able to work independently as financial representative within a matrixed operating environment.
- Ability to turn data into information, and information into insights, which can then be used to influence strategic decision making for the enterprise.
- Experience in agricultural production / consumer packaged goods / commodity markets.
- MBA or CPA desirable
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.