Universal Service Representative at USE Credit Union
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: BERKELEY, CaliforniaJob Description:
USE Credit Union
Job ID 2018-1148
Job Locations US-CA-Berkeley
Category Retail (Branches)
Type Regular Full-Time
More information about this job
Are you Service-Driven and Relationship-Focused? USE's branches are the perfect place for you! As a Universal Service Representative, you'll have the chance to empower members to gain better control of their finances. Become part of a team that is key in delivering extraordinary experiences. Do you have what it takes?
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous and professional manner, adhering to USE's Six-Star Guarantee and Core Values.
- Maintain a teller drawer and processes cash and check deposit in accordance to credit union policies and procedures.
- Processes withdrawal requests in accordance to credit union policies and procedures.
- Posts loan payments and general ledger transactions.
- Processes member telephone transfers, check requests, mail, email, night drop and quik drop transactions.
- Answers the telephone, directs calls to the appropriate person and/or takes messages and quotes current USE savings and consumer loan rates and terms.
- Accurately balances cash drawer in required time frame.
- Provides unbeatable service experience adheres to the credit union's quality service standards.
- Perform a variety of file maintenance duties, including but not limited to: files daily transaction documents, member correspondences, bank recaps, IRAs, decedent accounts, trust certifications, and POAs.
- Works efficiently with team members to reach branch goals and maintain branch profitability.
- Protects the credit union member assets by identifying all members when transacting business and giving information, adhering to security practices.
- Remains up-to-date and knowledgeable on credit union products, services, and related policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Cross-sells all products and services to meet member needs and achieve corporate relationship building objectives.
- Performs sales duties in branch to meet each member's individual financial needs.
- Establishes new memberships, including checking and savings accounts, term accounts, IRA's, online banking, insurance products and loans.
- Attains sales goals; identifies, acquires and grows new and existing consumer loan portfolio. Must meet production volume as designated.
- Establishes and maintains strong referral relationships with members.
- Develops strong telephone calling program from internal lists and targeted prospects.
- Initiates loan applications using various consumer loan origination systems and assists member in choosing the right loan programs for the member's own personal financial situation.
- Coordinates the consumer loan application process between the member, third parties and internal loan operations group, ensuring unbeatable service experience.
- Initiates referrals, and constantly prospects for new referral relationships and new members.
- Maintains the required knowledge of policies and procedures, laws and regulations and other compliance requirements that pertain to the deposit and lending functions.
- Adhere to company policy and procedure, complete annual compliance training, comply with business continuity and vendor management policy. These are crucial to the success of the organization and have regulatory compliance and/or safety and soundness for the sustainability of the credit union.
- Two or more years related banking positions, sales experience and/or training is required.
- New accounts experience preferred.
- Must have strong cash handling, sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to sell products and services effectively and meet goals.
- Ability to build & maintain relationships with internal and external members.Must be able to multi-task & be detailed-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Must possess the ability to use loan origination systems, contact management software and database use.
- Requires general knowledge of computer network and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, good phone and e-mail etiquette, a professional presentation and a high degree of personal initiative.
- Must be able to work branch operations hours.