Claims Technical Coach at Chubb
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Claim Technical Coaches provide guidance, expertise and development to claim staff with a focus on improving technical skill set of new and experienced employees. In addition, they pivot to support and manage variable resources during active CAT events and assist in the training of these resources during annual CAT preparation. Technical Coaches may focus on Field staff and/or Service Center staff.
- Staff Development- Provide technical coaching and guidance to facilitate employee development and career progression. Identify claim staff training and development needs and delivery of training through coaching, sit alongs, ride alongs, classroom and virtual settings.
- Best Practices/Customer Service- Maintain and improve Best Practice and Customer Service results through appropriate coaching and development of Chubb standards.
- Learning and Development- Identify skill/knowledge gaps of individuals and teams and partner with L/D to format developmental training plans.
- Claims Technical- Assist with technical items such as coverage questions, damage assessments and reviewing/approving denial letters. Assist CTO with cascading of technical information during active CAT event response. Provide supplemental training on items such as SIU, negotiation and damage assessment.
- CAT Response and Logistics- Works closely with CAT Leader, Service Center Leaders, NDU, Tier Manager and Property Tower leaders to coordinate CAT response of variable and/or deployed resources. Provides training to internal variable resources and pivots from trainer role during CAT to assume oversight of variable staff and process.
- Technology- Provide technical training on systems and estimate platforms.
- Contingency Support- Monitoring and approving (as needed) settlement values as back up to supervisor or during CAT.
- Onboarding and CAT- Providing training, job aids, guidance documents and training for new hires and CAT tier resources as needed.
- Management Support- Collaboration with the Property DMs/RDMs, CAT leaders and Supervisors in order to support efforts in staff development.
- Proficient in property discipline claim handling, including a strong technical expertise and knowledge of Best Practices.
- Able to coach and develop others and provided SMART feedback.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Technical proficiency in personal and commercial claims and an in depth understanding of coverage and loss assessment/evaluation.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to draft employee development plans/feedback.
- Adaptable, flexible and team/relationship oriented.
- Preferred location open and will align with field and/or service center staff developmental needs.
- Business Travel approximately 30 % (depending on location).
- Extended/Weekend hours during significant events, peak times or reporting cycles.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.