Facilities EHS Manager at Flex
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
Job DescriptionThe EHS Manager will be based in Buffalo Grove, Il. The EHS Managers primary objective is to develop, execute, and sustain the Buffalo Grove Site’s strategic and tactical plan for all Environmental, Health, Safety and Process Safety matters in addition to creating a culture of engagement, empowerment, and compliance through direction and oversight of all programs that support the site’s primary goal of an incident-free workplace.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Partners with value streams and other support functions to improve and sustain safety and environmental performance.
- Manages continual improvement for environmental and safety projects.
- Ensures compliance and conformance related to regulatory and other requirements
- Responsible for all EHS related matters including regulatory and other requirements.
- Establishes, implements and sustains environmental and safety and environmental programs. Responsible for completing assigned Top 10 objectives.
- Leads the ISO 14001 and Flex 20 by 2020 management systems including completing internal audits; completing and maintaining risk assessments; completing and maintaining environmental aspects and impacts; tracking, completing, and verifying corrective and preventive action; document control; objectives, targets, and programs; and other elements of the standards.
- Prepares and tracks safety and environmental performance metrics, reports, and provides recommendations for continual improvement.
- Oversees all aspects of the medical department and manages worker's compensation program.
- Regularly conducts environmental and safety inspections including daily floor reviews for assigned areas.
- Participates in facility lean program and completes EHS standard work. Conducts daily FMPS reviews, layered process audits, and participates in other lean activities.
- Responsible for leading and improving plant steering safety committee(s), incident investigations, equipment reviews and releases, and EHS training.
- Supports and assists with the implementation of value stream specific improvement projects.
- Responsible for implementing, managing, and sustaining behavior based safety program.
- Responsible for managing and developing the EHS team.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- Bachelor's degree in EHS related field or Engineering
- 8+ years of progressive EHS experience in manufacturing
- Strong regulatory knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT, IL Worker's Compensation
- Strong project management skills, including presentation and training.
- Ability to write technical reports and programs
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and decision-making abilities
- Behavior based safety knowledge
- Ergonomics experience
- Emergency response training
- Strong understanding of incident investigation principles and root cause analysis
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Travel required – 10% (Equipment Run-offs or other site visits)
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Experience/knowledge in plastic injection molding operations.
- Experience in manufacturing equipment installations and start-up, particularly on from a Facilities support stand-point.
- Current engineer license.
- Familiar with facility commissioning and FDA validation requirements.
- Minimum 1 year experience in the manufacture of medical devices.
- Experience with FDA Quality System Regulation (QSR) Part 820 of Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryOperationsFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.