Service Desk Lead at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Service Desk Manager/Lead
· Responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely first and second level support on a 24X7 basis
· Performs staff scheduling to ensure Service Desk coverage during normal business hours and on-call support as required
· Manages the Service Desk staff including consultation on performance evaluations, promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities
· Provides staff support for administrative tasks and projects relative to the Desktop, Wide Area Network, Local Area Network and Telephone functions
· Monitors problem management database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems
· Maintains a central source of information enabling Service Desk staff and support technicians to recover outages with minimal disruption to expected service levels
· Prepare/update/review run books/SOP/knowledge articles on specific technology areas.
· Plan Prepare and execute change process and change implementation and standardize the change process
· Participate in technical audits.
· Identify opportunities for automation, standardization and stabilization of environment.
· Lead Improvement initiatives and coordinate with CoE for the implementation of the same
· Work with the client team to address escalations.
· Lead the technical discussions in customer governance calls
· Should have lead a team
· Should be willing to travel (80% al-least)
· Should be able to lead technical transition for the tower
- Invokes problem escalation procedures to coordinate recovery
- Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the Project
- Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Service Desk are continually carried through
- Coordinates training requirements of Service Desk personnel
- Contributes to departmental productivity and development objectives by participating in training programs
- Provides leadership by projecting a positive attitude, and providing learning incentives
- Accurately communicates pertinent information. Assists in the development and implementation of quality improvement programs for assigned department(s)
- Solves problems and makes decisions on a daily basis relative to Service Desk responsibilities. Ensures that effective Service Desk representation takes place for the coordination of work processes and projects with other departments and divisions
- Performs duties in a cost-effective manner to avoid waste of resources without jeopardizing quality of care and service
- Experience with Infrastructure Management Tools and monitoring tools
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
o Ticketing tools (Service Now) Knowledge
o ITIL awareness
o OS knowledge in Windows, MS Office
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter:USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.