Portfolio Data Analyst at United Bank
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Parkersburg, West VirginiaJob Description:
United Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer.Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluatedwithout regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteranstatus, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, or anyother protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to theperformance of the work involved.
Job ID 2018-3528
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-WV-Parkersburg
Posted Date 2018-05-14
The Portfolio Data Analyst conducts analyses of the entire Bank's loan portfolio to access portfolio risk based on geography and type of loans. Is responsible for monitoring quality assurance of data, prepares, interprets and provides findings in report format to Senior Management.
- Prepare and provide written memorandum to Senior Management summarizing the key findings of the portfolio data analysis.
- Develop new reports utilizing Business Objects for credit analytics group, and update reports on a quarterly and monthly basis.
- Prepare written analyses of reports to submit to Company management and Board of Directors.
- Maintains quality assurance of the Company's loan data by assessing the accuracy of the output, random sampling and conducting periodic data verification reviews.
- Identify causes of data issues when they exist and make recommendations to improve the Company's processes to resolve issues.
- Evaluate templates related to commercial loan approvals or loan processing and make recommendations on updates or enhancements to these templates to improve the data collection process.
- Responsible to interact with all levels of staff across the organization and regulators in a prompt and professional manner.
- Work closely with Credit/Officer/Mgr., Sr on other projects and responsibilities as business needs arise.
- A minimum of (3) three years of data analysis work in a professional setting environment
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, MIS and/or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to present deliverables in a concise, complete and professional format-demonstrating research, analysis and conclusion.
- Proficiency in MS Microsoft Office products is required
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) highly desired
- Advanced analytical ability to perform simple/complex mathematical calculations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate prior working experience creating reports from large amounts of data is highly desired, preferably in Business Objects.
- Ability to write analytical memo documents for submission to Senior Management
- Excellent interpersonal, professional and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, results-oriented and lead projects as needed.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Strategic Planning and Execution
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
- Ability to work independently on tasks and meet established deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
With over 175 years of experience, United Bank is one of the region's premier banks with locations in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. A subsidiary of United Bankshares, Inc., with dual headquarters in Washington, DC and Charleston, WV, we are a full service financial institution with over $19 billion in assets.
At United Bank, our people are our greatest asset. Our company is a perfect fit for hard-working, driven individuals as we provide a culture that is entrepreneurial, efficient, relationship-based and service-oriented. United is proud of our record of growth and our commitment to service - not only to our customers, but also to the communities in which we live and work.
United encourages our employees to become involved in the community and in professional activities, and we provide continued training and other support to help all employees achieve their full potential.