Production Supervisor - Pensacola, FL at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Construction 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Job ID: 134207
Oldcastle Coastal is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
This role is responsible for supervision of employees within assigned shift in a manufacturing setting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set production goals and expectations
- Oversee the daily preventive maintenance program
- Maintain adequate inventory and repair parts for all night shift production
- Analyze scorecards and night shift production reports
- Operate all production equipment
- Insure all safety rules are followed and employee follow safety program
- Supervise employees in department to ensure they meet quality standards
- Act as: relief supervisor, bowl mill attendant, yard attendant, and clay hauler and any other production function as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Experience
- On the job training to include but not limit to operation of dozer, bobcat, front end loader, water truck, scrapper, and development of trouble-shooting skills
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting
- Experience working in a supervisory / lead role
- Mechanical background is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Endure intermittent climbing, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pushing, and pulling
- Walking up and down elevated catwalks and stairs and standing for long periods of time
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Coastal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Coastal is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.