Corporate Strategy Manager at Flex
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
Are you passionate about connected products - smart homes, connected cars, wearables and more? Are you ready to craft the long-term strategy of a $25B company? If you answered "yes" to both, we offer a great opportunity.
Join our high-caliber team of former management consultants, investment bankers and industry experts from top-tier firms working together in a fun and collaborative environment. The Flex Corporate Strategy team is located at Flex’s headquarters in San Jose, CA, and works with senior company executives on strategic initiatives and M&A.
This role offers high professional growth potential and prepares Managers for leadership roles within Corporate Strategy, or the opportunity to take leadership position within business units at Flex.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you will do:
- Lead project work streams mentoring analysts and associates on the team
- Collaborate closely with key business leaders to support strategic initiatives and evaluate potential business opportunities
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to strategic initiatives; communicate insights and synthesize conclusions into recommendations
- Build financial models, conduct high-quality business, market, and competitor analyses; help identify and assess existing and new market initiatives
- Typical projects include:
- Working in partnership with a business unit or market segment on core strategic issues
- Developing new market strategy including end-to-end assessment of issues such as attractiveness, go-to-market, risks, decision criteria, economic modeling, and business planning
- Developing M&A strategy and identifying/evaluating potential candidates
- Building externally facing macro, market, and competitor analysis
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- MBA from a premier business school with strong undergraduate and business school academic performance (>3.5 GPA)
- 2+ years of top-tier strategy consulting or corporate strategy experience
- Advanced quantitative aptitude and problem-solving capabilities, ability to prioritize workflow and lead multiple projects
- Standout colleague with an entrepreneurial mindset, a track record of leadership and extra-curricular achievements
- Must have the unrestricted right to work in the United States now and in the future
Here is some of our preferred experiences:
- Preferred educational focus on business, economics, finance, engineering, or other quantitatively oriented majors
- Experience with automotive, cloud computing, IoT, hardware/software/networks, manufacturing, medical, and clean-tech
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision, life insurance
- Quarterly Bonus Eligibility
- Matching 401K
- Tracking Free Attendance
- High professional growth potential
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryFinanceFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.