Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mount Airy, North Carolina
Position Summary: The position of Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible of ensuring cash receipts are entered timely and accurately and that over and under payments are timely and accurately created with appropriate supporting documentation based on customer agreed upon requirements. This role is also responsible for the supporting the billing team, as well as providing excellent customer service to field services and corporate customers.
• Direct application of the AR/Cash Applications procedures. Focus includes ensuring accurate and timely entry of Cash Receipts, Lockbox Receipts, Clean-up of Customer AR.
• Direct application of the tracking and reconciliation of unapplied payments. Requires maintenance of Excel spreadsheet and coordination with Payroll/Billing Team.
• Aid in supporting the Accounts Receivable process with expertise regarding invoices to resolve customer disputes and outstanding balances and processing credit and debit memos.
• Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards, identifying and resolving problems, recommending process and system improvements
• Special Projects as assigned by management
Other Requirements: Physical Demands: Work Environment: Competencies: EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled
• High School graduate or higher education • Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
• Time Management
• Advanced technical capability, excellent problem resolution skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products and accounting software processes (Excel, Word, Oracle preferred)
• Fluent understanding of office equipment – copier, scanner, etc.
• Willing to work over-time as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work). The employee may be subject to one or more of the following atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
• Customer Oriented
• Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies
Pike is a Non-union Company
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.