Maintenance Mechanic at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Brewton, Alabama
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Maintenance Mechanic - Brewton, AL
Are you a self-motivated Maintenance Technician who is committed to putting safety first? Then we have the job for you! Our Brewton, AL facility is seeking qualified Maintenance Mechanics to join our manufacturing operations team. These roles create value by safely maintaining machinery and equipment in the work environment, through troubleshooting and preventative maintenance planning, to meet or exceed production and quality goals. Maintenance Mechanics reinforce the long-term goals of the organization by participating in and contributing to a collaborative environment as well as ensuring that all safety standards and guidelines are consistently met.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Install and maintain machinery and equipment using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools and power tools
- Safely use machine parts, oxy-fuel torch and arc welding equipment
- Use power tools for rigging, lubrication, electrical principles, energy isolation, and lift truck operation
- Install and maintain pumps, machining parts, pipefitting, structural steel fabrication, drive repair, valves, and shaft alignment
- Troubleshoot systems, equipment and components
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least five (5) years of millwright or mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Willing and able to work around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Associates degree OR two (2) years of study from a technical college or school in the fields of Industrial Maintenance or Industrial Technology
- Multi-craft mechanical experience e.g.: Millwright, Machinist, Pipefitter, Welder, Precision Installation, or Lubrication
- Experience working in the containerboard industry
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Our facility in Brewton, AL is a leading pulp and paper mill and a part of Georgia-Pacific’s Packaging division. We specialize in the manufacturing of printing and writing papers, coated papers, as well as tissue and specialty paper grades. To learn more about the facility in Brewton, AL visit: www.gppackaging.com.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf