Transportation and Pricing Analyst at GAMPAC
Posted in Supply Chain 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Job ID 2018-5462
Job Location State Arizona
Job Location City Scottsdale
Working Hours Monday - Friday, 8-5
GAMPAC Express, Inc. is a leading third-party logistics provider focused on value added services for the food service industry. GAMPAC acts as the logistics arm for companies within the food service industry, including Food Services of America (FSA) and Systems Services of America (SSA). We are a fast paced, growing organization looking for top talent to join our team.
Our Transportation and Pricing Analyst will source, secure, price and manage the transportation needs for new and existing GAMPAC customers. This includes daily conversations about freight lanes, rates and solutions GAMPAC offers. Consistently adding new carriers and pricing internal and external business ensuring the most efficient and effective methods result.
- Analyze data as it pertains to transportation pricing, including gathering information, performing advanced analysis, and presenting results to Associates, departments, and cross-functional teams
- Provides ongoing Carrier analysis, including the development of scorecards, dashboards, metrics and exception reporting.
- Strategically plan for and support the negotiation of carrier contracts, including Truckload, LTL, and intermodal.
- Develop and maintain freight rate databases.
- Onboard new Carriers and maintain Carrier records in accordance with company policies.
- Support Transportation Management System (TMS) reporting.
- Act as resource to book and coordinate the most cost effective and efficient lane.
- Contributes to the sourcing and securing of carriers through relevant analysis and evaluation.
- Negotiate service contract freight rates, terms and conditions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferred
- 3 years' Logistics and Data Analytics experience, required
- Advanced Expertise in MS Excel, required
- Knowledge of EDI 200 Series, a plus
- Familiarity with logistics software, including Transportation Management Systems and Carrier tools (i.e., Dat 360, Carrier 411, Truckstop.com)
- Experience in project management
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.