Facilities Maintenance at Ameristar Meats
Posted in Manufacturing 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Spokane-AMM, Washington
Headquartered in Spokane, WA. Ameristar Meats is seeking a new team member to join our Maintenance team!
This is a full time job and with that we offer a full benefits package, medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, Term Life Insurance and employee EAP program. Benefits 100% paid by the company
Great working hours!!.... Monday - Friday with every weekend off!
Our company is a drug free workplace. As such, we conduct hair follicle drug testing.
- Performs a variety of maintenance and repairs throughout production and warehouse operations
- Can include metal working, electrical, plumbing, woodworking and equipment repair
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance checks and repairing the facility and equipment as needed
- Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems in warehouse establishment following specification, manuals, and schematic drawings; using hand tools, power tools, forklift, measuring and testing instruments
- Visually inspects and tests equipment
- Dismantles defective machines/equipment; installs new or repaired parts following specifications, using precise measuring instruments and hand tools
- Cleans/lubricates parts of machinery
- Performs minor maintenance throughout warehouse and office operations
- Qualified individual will present well-rounded skills in maintenance, welding, electrical, plumbing and woodworking
- Ability to operate power tools, use hand tools and drive forklift
- Must have valid drivers license
- 2-3 years maintenance experience preferred
- Must have valid drivers license/arms reaching, grasping and carrying, weights up to 30 lbs., occasionally up to 50 lbs., rarely up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk constantly through 8 hour work shift; 3-5 miles daily
- Ability to bend/twist at waist, knees and neck frequently throughout work shift
- Ability to use both hands and arms simultaneously reaching/handing/grasping and exerting push/pull force normally 30-70 lbs., up to 120 lbs. on occasion
- Frequently overhead reaching using both hands
- Frequent climbing on ladders/stairs, working in confined/cramped spaces, awkward positions
- Crouching/kneeling/crawling occasionally
- Constant use of hearing/sight/speech abilities required to perform essential job functions
- Must work quickly under constant interruptions and meet required deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Must posess excellent problem-solving skills
- Must work independently, performing all repairs in expedited fashion
- Must be able to communicate with supervisor/other workers and record data
- Hazards are numerous, including: noise, dust, oil, slippery surfaces. Exposure to moving equipment/machinery, hazardous chemicals and products. May work inside and outside and be exposed to temperature extremes of -10f. to 80f., work under deadlines and pressures
- Safety equipment required and provided
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.