Materials Planning Manger at Flex
Posted in Engineering 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milpitas, California
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
The Materials Planning Manager will be based in Milpitas, CA and be responsible for developing, directing and coordinating material planning activities. Enhancing customer service levels possible by balancing supply and demand.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Directs the team in the use of best practices in the daily execution of finished goods and WIP planning
- Manages, coaches and mentors a team. Works with the team on continuous development and
- Directs activities of Planners to ensure that inventory level and turn goals are achieved, including
reduction of back orders and enhancing customer service.
- Meets with Senior Management to obtain strategic information that could impact the forecast. Works with team to modify the forecast for historical and environmental events. Works closely with different departments to accurately develop and maintain an accurate forecast.
- Hold cross-functional meetings to review the Supply and Demand plan
- Review issues and make recommendations that deal with long-term constraints, customer service
levels, inventory targets, the current forecast, and backlog.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- 6+ years of experience in Material planning at a Contract Manufacturer.
- Experience with Kinaxis and/or Kinaxis Rapid Response
- Experience with multi-level BOM product structure and planning parameter strategies, configuration management (document control – ECO/MCO implementation)
- Background with managing a team
- Extensive customer interfacing skills are required. Presenting, meeting with customers, managing escalations, as needed.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- SME in BaaN Planning modules
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryGlobal Procurement & Supply ChainFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.