Branch Operations Manager (CAT Machine) at Nebraska Machinery Company
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Company: NMC Group
Title: Branch Operations Manager (CAT Machine)
Location: Omaha, NE
The responsibility of Branch Operations Manager is to create team synergy that demonstrates and promotes NMC’s best practices while continuously seeking ways to improve the overall branch operations to deliver industry best service. The Branch Operation Manger will have overall responsibility for the critical issues of branch operation and profitability, including sales, sales growth, budgeting, gross margins, operating expenses, safety, customer service, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles, community relations, accounts receivable and resolution of personnel issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the assigned branch(s) with respect to operations, parts, service, inside sales, transportation & logistics, P/L and employee related items.
- Leads the management and direction of the branch to ensure positive revenue generation, providing the highest standard of customer service and continued excellence in productivity.
- Identifies areas of improving its competitive position as well as maximizing the profitability of the work location.
- Sets goals, monitors work, and evaluates results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of NMC Group, Inc.
- Efficiently prioritize workloads and manage shop personnel to ensure equipment is serviced and repaired timely. This includes making sure all necessary parts are ordered.
- Prepares yearly business plan fcasting revenues, expenses, fleet ROI and utilization and overall branch growth.
- Handles or assists in the resolution of customer service issues.
- Ensures a high level of customer service is at or above the locations goal for all employees of the branch.
- Continue to increase the market penetration of the branch and increase revenue.
- Develops and expands relationships with existing clients by analyzing financial needs in order to sell and cross-sell products and services in support of established branch revenue/profitability and customer acquisition/ retention objectives. Resolves escalated customer issues. Follows-up on customer satisfaction survey results.
- Directs branch operations including recommending best practices, reducing overall costs, driving revenue growth and supporting customer satisfaction. Develops and maintains branch metrics tracking and reporting branch numbers. Prepares, submits and reports on annual budget proposals. Develops and tracks Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Demonstrates organizational advocacy through positive teamwork and building trust and mutual respect for customers and employees. Develops and implements initiatives that reinforce vision of NMC. Aligns branch to deliver quality customer experiences and instill NMC core values.
- Maintain company standards with the facility, equipment and delivery fleet. This includes cleanliness, organization and appearance of personal workspaces.
- Monitors and ensures safety and environmental compliance. This includes maintaining all records and documentation.
- Provides recommendations for product/process enhancements to drive profitability and efficiency.
- May perform other duties as required and assigned.
- Builds and manages a competent team within each branch by effectively hiring, training and developing employees, delegating work assignments, writing and conducting performance appraisals, coaching and counseling, and administering disciplinary procedures. Develops and submits talent inventory assessments for branch strength and provides continued training opportunities.
- Develops coaching and performance improvement plans to ensure NMC objectives and goals are met through the sales organization.
- Responsible for driving accountability throughout the organization to ensure performance metrics are being achieved.
- Reviews and approves the implementation of organizational plans that support the Business Units Master Plan.
- Establishes objectives and procedures governing the performance of assigned activities. Issues specific annual objectives to immediate subordinates and reviews objectives.
- Directs, monitors, and appraises the performance of units immediately reporting and provides the necessary coordination between activities.
- Identifies training needs, initiates development of subordinates, and recommends effective personnel action.
- Keeps employees informed as to company/department plans and progress.
- Coordinates activities of assigned units with those of other company units. Seeks mutual agreement on problems involving coordination.
- Consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action. Ensures compliance within area of responsibility. Makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of policies and procedures.
- Reviews and endorses or revises budget proposals received from direct reports. Submits budgets for assigned activities in accordance with the budget procedure. Approves budget expenses up to authorized dollar amounts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 - 10 years of progressive operational management experience in a related industry.
- 5 years of direct hands-on sales experience working in a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Medical (and FSA/HAS plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
- Paid Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Safety Glasses and Boot Program
ABOUT NEBRASKA MACHINERY COMPANY
At Nebraska Machinery Company (NMC), our employees enjoy a relaxed culture with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and an inspiring culture to meet the changing needs of our customers in a rapidly evolving environment. NMC enables our customers’ success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative capital equipment solutions with specialization in Caterpillar construction equipment, power generation, material handling, and rental equipment, and total truck service. NMC continues to take pride in developing strong relationships with customers and our employees. These personal connections cultivate growth and success – they are the strength of NMC.
OUR MISSION & VALUES
Enabling our customers' success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative capital equipment solutions.
INTEGRITY RELATIONSHIPS ENTREPRENERURSHIP EXCELLENCE STEWARDSHIP
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic informatidon or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.