Electrical Apprenticeship at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Monticello, Georgia
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
At Georgia-Pacific, we are innovative, we manufacture products that make people’s lives easier, and we provide careers, not just jobs for our employees. We foster a culture that values integrity and compliance above all else. We also encourage our employees to challenge the status quo. If you are interested in joining our team, we are currently seeking Electricians for our facility in Monticello, GA. Electricians work rotating shifts. Pay is $23.97 per hour for entry-level talent and up to $30 per hour for highly skilled candidates.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Repair and maintain electrical equipment
- Read and interpret hydraulic and electrical schematics to troubleshoot and install equipment
- Take an active role in a quality maintenance program to reduce production waste and achieve production quality goals
- Maintain housekeeping standards
- Complete daily and Preventative Maintenance (PM) work orders in a timely manner
- Adhere to plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Willing and able to work any shift, variable start times, overtime, weekends, and holidays as scheduled
- Electrical experience in an industrial, manufacturing or industrial military environment
- Experience with 480 volt 3 phase motor circuits
- Experience with 120VAC and 12-24DC control voltage
- Experience reading electrical and hydraulic schematics/drawings
- Experience installing industrial electrical equipment
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work on machinery at various heights
- Willing and able to provide personal metric and standard hand tools to include but not limited to: wire/band cutters, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience programming Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s)
- Experience using MS Word and MS Outlook
- Knowledge of Electric/Hydraulic equipment
- Knowledge of HVAC systems
- Experience with Allen Bradley
- Experience with AC/DC drives
- Two (2) year degree in an Electrical or Electro-Mechanical field
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
The Monticello, GA facility is part of our Building Products division, and it manufactures MDF Composite Panels and prefinished boards that are designed for machinability, performance and weight. Georgia-Pacific’s Building Product business has consistently been among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to building materials dealers and large warehouse retailers. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf