C Lineman - Overhead at Pike Corporation
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lewistown, Missouri
Position Summary: The Class C Lineman is an entry level lineman position in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical overhead distribution systems. This position works at various locations and may also be required to travel to another state depending on customer demands.
- Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead work.
- Strings overhead wire.
- Sets poles and anchors.
- Assists with installing transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, crossarms, insulators, switches and switchgear.
- Assists in replacing fuses in transformers and clears faulted circuits and systems.
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor.
- Able to identify primary and secondary voltage on a circuit.
- Must be familiar with induced voltage.
- Assists with the installation and hook up of a single phase transformer.
- Capable of safely setting a pole.
- Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces.
- Capable of properly installing and removing PPE and cover up.
- Capable of checking voltage on transformers.
- Capable of installing and removing a service.
- Must be able to climb different types of structures (wood, steel, etc.) and possess the necessary tools to do so.
- Understands how to tie various lineman knots.
- Capable of making up and using a hand line.
- Understands grounding procedures.
- Understands proper equipment set-up and grounding procedures.
- Understands how and when to use Kellum grips.
- Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
- Willingness to glove/work live high voltage distribution power lines.
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
- 5-year minimum of recent field experience.
- Must Able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License permit within 60 days of employment.
- A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred.
- Able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
- Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
- Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
- Capable of properly inspecting rubber goods and PPE.
- Able to identify different types of materials used in line work.
- Willing to work over-time when requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle, and feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
- Customer Oriented
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
Pike Electric, LLC is a Non-union Company
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.