Field Sales Consultant - Northern FL at Medela
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Jacksonville, FloridaJob Description:
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, protected veteran status, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Are you interested in working for a company that is passionate about its customers? That lives its values and nurtures its employees? Then Medela is the company for you.
Founded in 1961 by Olle Larsson and headquartered in Switzerland, Medela today is led by his son Michael Larsson. Medela concentrates on two business units: "Human Milk", with basic research recognised globally and leading in the development and manufacture of breastfeeding products and solutions, and "Healthcare", engineering and manufacturing highly innovative medical vacuum technology solutions. Medela has 19 subsidiaries in Europe, North America and Asia, distributes its products in over 100 countries and employs over 1,600 staff worldwide.
Field Sales Consultant - Northern FL
- Field sales coverage in a specified geographical area selling Medela Breastfeeding and Enteral Feeding products to hospital accounts to include Mother-Baby area and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Maintain the highest degree of product knowledge through continuing study, including characteristics, quality, engineering, competitive advantages, customer applications, features, benefits and proof sources
- Follows sound time and territory management techniques
- Quarterly defines customers to be visited and maintains call frequency standards
- Plans account, travel and call strategies
- Concentrates on major hospital accounts, top birthing hospitals with Level II and Level III NICU's and Children's Hospitals
- Preplans sales calls; reviews background information, sets call objectives and defines selling strategies
- Submits regular objectives, action plans and sales projections
- Utilizes professional selling skills to solicit sales of company products
- Seeks increased volume by selling established customers a greater percentage of their needs or other products they are not currently buying from us, targeting enteral feeding as a primary product line to sell into the NICU
- Seeks new customers, either known target accounts or new business found by prospecting
- Strives on a continuing basis to achieve, maintain and expand contacts within customer organizations
- Makes contacts at all levels and with all groups, which might influence current and future buying decision, these contacts include NICU Manager, Clinical Nurse Educators,
Clinical Nurse Specialists, Neonatologists, Pharmacy, Mother Baby Manager, Lactation, Infection Control and Supply Chain,
- Servicing and follow-up
- Provides field sales service to all accounts in assigned territory
- Service includes solving problems, assisting customers and ensuring their satisfaction with our products, including technical advice on the use of products, delivery considerations, quality control, invoicing, etc.
- Provides these services personally where feasible, or initiates and coordinates action through appropriate company support personnel
- Follows up to make sure customer requests/problems are satisfactorily resolved
- Communications and reporting:
- Submits required reports promptly and legibly
- Completes and submits expense reports monthly or as specified by Regional Manager
- Communicates with Regional Manager as needed and coordinates with team specialists for trials and implementations of new products
- Develops customer communications such as presentations, bids, quotes, etc., as needed
- Field surveillance:
- Serves as the eyes and ears of the company within assigned territory by observing, appraising and reporting on competitive activities, price developments, customer plans, product trends, new product potentials, market trends and related matters
- Complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Follows all Company rules and regulations, including health and safety rules
- Successfully interacts with employees at all levels
- Regular, reliable performance of all job duties
- Travel as may be required to meet business and customer expectations
- Performs all other duties as assigned or as may be required from time to time
QualificationsEDUCATION and CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field is required
- Minimum five years' experience in Medical Sales, selling to hospitals with a clear understanding of how to navigate within the hospital environment calling on multiple call points
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Experience working in an environment with global objectives
- Travel up to 80% of the time
- Travel based on geographic area of territory and requirements of the Regional Manager to protect and drive business
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often exposed to road travel and clinical environments, such as hospitals, physician offices, and clinics
Medela will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application.