Donation Coordinator I at LifeNet Health
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Virginia Beach, VirginiaJob Description:
Category: Transplant & Tissue Services
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.The LifeNet Health mission is simple: Saving Lives. Restoring Health. Giving Hope. Its mission, along with its core values of safety, quality, innovation, and service continue to create an unmatched record in transplant solutions, which cannot be achieved without talented, dedicated team members who share the same values and attributes that guide the LifeNet Health team every day.
If you have a commitment to customer care, quality, an innovation as well as integrity and passion, then you've come to the right place.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Donation Coordinator I to join the LifeNet Health team in our Virginia Beach, VA location on a 7P-7A shift.
As a Donation Coordinator I, you would be functioning as a valued member of the Donor Center Team, and providing accurate, efficient and timely donor referral and screening services for its stakeholders (tissue recovery agencies, referring hospitals, client OPOs, partner eye banks, Medical Examiner offices, funeral homes). In order to be successful, you would need to provide quality customer service to all callers, have attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a frequently fast-paced environment. In addition, you would directly contribute to the success of the Company with respect to the determining preliminary donor eligibility, as well as embodying the values and attributes of the Company, and ensure outstanding customer service throughout the service territory.
You would be expected to perform all tasks assigned to you, including but not limited to:
- Process routine calls from referring agencies, and communicate with appropriate client personnel according to established protocols.
- Provide exemplary customer service to all callers.
- Accurately identify and process all potential organ, tissue and eye referrals to maximize donation opportunities.
- Accurately and effectively evaluate information for preliminary donor eligibility, including: relevant medical records, clinical course, hemodilution assessment, medical history and behavioral risk assessment information.
- Follow all communication protocols to ensure effective interactions with Donor Center teammates and stakeholders, including Funeral Homes, Medical Examiners and Hospital Staff.
- Arrange transportation of approved donor tissues from contracted procurement agencies and document arrangements according to established protocols.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a healthcare technical or professional program, to include EMT, LPN, Hospital Corpsman or related.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Get to Know LifeNet Health:
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization ("OPO") and tissue bank in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in transplantation research and regenerative medicine. LifeNet holds the longest running current accreditation by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB). Its goal is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs and tissues for transplantation, as well as innovation in the fields of bio-implants and regenerative medicine, and to serve the community with educational and support services that enhance the donation process.