Associate Director, Market Intelligence at Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob Description:
Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2018-3569
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-CA-Palo Alto
Posted Date 13 hours ago
Category Commercial - US
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Associate Director of Market Intelligence at Jazz is a strategic thought partner and analytical expert who provides critical contributions to brand team, life-cycle planning, forecasting and senior management decisions requiring primary market research, secondary data analysis and/or competitive intelligence.
The Associate Director's main roles will be operating as the primary knowledge repository for primary and secondary data regarding the market and brand, planning research methodologies to meet defined business objectives, planning regarding products in development, and initiating and leading team activities to bring the entire team to a base level of knowledge regarding the market, product and competitive landscape. The Associate Director will propose and execute a market research plan and inform the team of the key conclusions and suggested applications of market research results, keeping the research actionable and applicable to current business decisions. This role will also be responsible for monitoring development landscape for the franchise and will require working with cross functional teams including Life Cycle Management leads, Development, Investor Relations as well as Sr Management.
- Lead quarterly Hem/Onc Business Reviews, which serve as a strategic platform to share current market insights and performance updates and enhance collaborative insights sharing across the franchise; formulate agenda, solicit feedback/input from team on topic areas of interest, set and communicate meeting dates, facilitate meeting discussion and produce follow-up notes/key takeaways, etc.
- Contribute market and brand insights to the executive Quarterly Review (QRs) meetings in collaboration with BU head and marketing and sales leadership
- Provide strategic insights to brand and management regarding analysis of the product, market and potential competition
- Initiate and facilitate activities that bring the brand team to a basic level of knowledge regarding the product attitudes and usage, market dynamics and competition
- Design qualitative and quantitative research plans for existing brands and products in development
- Communicate and align key internal stakeholders around market research objectives and outputs including qualifying the results based on the strength of the data
- Select appropriate research methodology to address business objectives
- Design research questionnaires, web surveys, screening criteria
- Develop and present final reports and actionable recommendations to key stakeholders, focusing on key findings and implications
- Propose and manage yearly market research budgets
- Recruit/hire/manage personnel as required
- Manage vendors
- Lead development landscape efforts for brand team and overall franchise. Hold development landscape meetings to keep the team informed of development in the disease state and organize findings from major medical conferences
- Utilize secondary data resources (IMS-SDI, Wolters Kluwer Health, Encuity) to answer business questions from key customers.
- Work with forecasting to provide input on key variables
- Work with Life Cycle Management leads to support overall franchise strategy
- Exemplify Jazz values
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, or the sciences preferred. MBA highly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience conducting primary market research with physicians and/or patients
- Consulting experience preferred but not required
- Demonstrated pro-active leadership of brand/project team activities regarding strategy and/or market research findings
- Experience with new product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
- Demonstrable strong written and oral communication abilities
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Familiarity with industry-standard resources for primary/secondary research and forecasting.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and gain alignment across an organization
- Orphan drug experience highly preferred
- Hem/onc experience highly preferred
- Expect travel to be about 25% depending on time of year; but can be up to 50% depending on time of year.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.