Regional Director, Wenatchee & Moses Lake at Central Washington University
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Ellensburg, WashingtonJob Description:
Central Washington University
To apply for a job at Central Washington University, please go to careers.cwu.edu. Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID 2169
Full/Part Time Full-Time
The Regional Director is responsible for successful operation of CWU-Wenatchee and CWU-Moses Lake while providing administrative leadership and supervision of support staff. The director ensures access to resources for students, faculty and the general public in support of student learning. This position promotes an outstanding academic and student life and facilitates inclusive and diverse campus communities through interactions with all University Centers, the residential campus, high schools, and the surrounding communities.
Extensive collaboration and outreach activity is required to coordinate and respond to the needs and interest in the area (e.g. University Centers, Continuing Education, and community organizations and businesses) with a concentrated focus on site programming and promotion.
Internally, this position works with all units of the Academic and Student Life Division and also with Business and Financial Affairs, Operations, Public Affairs and Enrollment Management for meeting student, program and operational needs. Regular contacts are made across divisions with community colleges on processes, resources, services, events, activities, etc. Contacts are also made with community business, industry and agencies for needs assessments, promotion and information dissemination. Interaction with outside vendors and contractors may also be required. Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships to facilitate efficiencies within center operations.
It is expected that this position will be recognized as the CWU regional leader by maintaining a strong presence in the community through networking with various college and community organizations, and local businesses, industry and governmental agencies, such as City Councils, Economic Development Councils, Chambers of Commerce, Service clubs and other local organizations. The decisions made by this position impact students and operations in the region.
- Ensures the programmatic and service needs of site are met through collaboration with program directors, department chairs and other essential personnel across the university.
- Implements initiatives and develops streamlined processes related to teaching site operations and student services, such as Dual Admission, TAPP, etc.
- Analyzes qualitative and quantitative data and prepares complex reports to make decisions, and/or make recommendations on issues related to the teaching site, program development, and student/community needs and services.
- Ensures the terms of agreement and operating guidelines between CWU and Wenatchee Valley College and Big Bend Community College are met (including, but not limited to: facilities, technology, capital and/or minor works projects, student services, fee negotiations, etc.).
- Manages complex scheduling of traditional/online classrooms to maximize efficient and effective use of facilities in collaboration with academic departments, community college, and outside agencies.
- Collaborates with campus departments on effective admissions, registration and advising procedures for prospective and current students, including problem solving and continuous improvement methods to meet student, faculty and staff needs.
- Oversees new student orientation process and partners with New Student Programs for effective preparedness for students entering CWU.
- Actively engages in recruitment and hiring new employees.
- Clearly defines performance expectations, ensures accountability, and provides ongoing informal feedback, coaching, and mentoring. Conducts formal performance evaluations; takes corrective action in a timely manner; Communicates information to staff on an ongoing basis to influence staff engagement.
- Referral of students to other University resources and services including, but not limited to, Disability Services, Title IX Officer, Case Management, Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities, etc.
- Recognizes value of and promotes diverse workforce; values and encourages diverse perspectives, creativity and teamwork.
- Supervises staff by assigning and delegating tasks, providing direction, resolving work problems and communicating job expectations.
- Meets with staff weekly to establish goals/objectives-facilitate staff meetings.
- Establishes work schedule and sets priorities.
- Maintains accurate and complete position descriptions for all staff; interviews and selects office support staff; makes recommendations to appointing authority regarding promotions, warnings and terminations; ensures procedures and policies are followed.
- Engages staff in professional development opportunities.
- Prepares bimonthly report for Executive Director regarding all issues and goals related to CWU-Wenatchee and CWU-Moses Lake operations and Extended Learning strategic plan.
Leadership and Collaboration
- Actively engages in recruitment and hiring new employees;
- Clearly defines performance expectations, ensure accountability, and provides ongoing informal feedback, coaching, and mentoring. Conducts formal performance evaluations;
- Ensures employees have necessary resources;
- Oversees and directs the work of staff; serves as mentor, coach and leader, and resolves complaints or issues;
- Motivates and encourages office staff to provide outstanding customer service to students and faculty through effective training and leadership.
- Collaborates with students, faculty, staff, and outside organizations and businesses to define the education needs of the community.
- Serves as liaison between University Centers, community college, academic departments, and other affiliated organizations on daily operational processes and procedures.
- Collaborates and cooperates with colleagues in the achievement of departmental and institutional goals that affect the CWU-Wenatchee and CWU-Moses Lake and ensure consistent communication of processes, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with student services, technology services, and library divisions to provide appropriate services for students.
- Evaluates and refines operating procedures for teaching site as necessary and maintains communication with other divisions/departments of the university on matters relating to academic programs, equipment and facilities.
- Participates in professional development activities.
Marketing, Recruiting and Outreach
- Fosters relationships and plans and participates in activities to promote CWU and increase visibility in local communities.
- Assists Executive Director of Extended Learning in applying marketing strategies to specific target audiences.
- Identifies and markets high demand programs that meet workforce needs through market analysis and program assessment in collaboration with academic departments, regional community colleges, Executive Director of Extended Learning, and local agencies.
- Engages in proactive and on-going organization and implementation of programs of marketing initiatives for the site.
- Collaborates with enrollment management for all recruiting of academic programs.
- Provides administrative support for all CWU sponsored events, celebrations, and functions at teaching sites that promote a positive image and student success at the instructional site.
- Organizes CWU events in collaboration with main campus, community colleges, or other community agencies. Includes logistics coordination and identification of marketing and dissemination of promotional materials to those audiences.
- Recommends and/or joins specific committees/consortiums, and networks with business/industry/other community members in consultation with the Executive Director of Extended Learning.
School of Education Program Coordinator
- Program Development and Coordination
- Collaborates in coordination with SOE with area school districts to identify new and / or advanced programs for degrees, certificates and / or professional development;
- Works with the SOE Executive Director on strategic planning for the Wenatchee Center;
- Coordinates with department chairs and program leads, developing course schedules and offerings;
- Advises Wenatchee Center teacher education students, helping them navigate their programs;
- Monitors all student program requirements, including content assessments, GPA requirements, etc.
- Recruitment and Outreach
- Recruits prospective first-year, transfer, and non-traditional students into our Wenatchee Center programs;
- Collaborates with area schools in coordination with SOE, districts and Educational Service Districts to recruit their students and personnel into our Wenatchee Center programs;
- Supports CWU / P-12 Teacher Academies, casting vision for the teaching profession in area high schools;
- Provides general pre-admission orientations and advising, focused on admission requirements and processes, academic programs, and student services.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree and 5 years' experience in a management and leadership role OR Bachelor's degree AND an equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Experience working in education and understanding of academic initiatives.
- Demonstrated abilities in presenting ideas and concepts orally and in writing to diverse populations and the general public.
- Experience developing marketing initiatives and promoting programs related to retention and/or recruitment.
- Strong team building, coordination of stakeholders, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Supervisory experience including hiring, evaluating, and disciplining employees.
- Experience managing operations of a higher education, non-residential campus (University Center, Branch Campus, Extension Campus, etc.)
- Experience working with or having knowledge of the needs of non-traditional students
- Experience with student recruitment
- Program development and strategic planning experience.
- Additional education, training and competencies that may enhance the employee's effectiveness in performing the functions of the position, but that are not required
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgment: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: Dependent upon qualifications and experience
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch)
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits : CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: June 4, 2018
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Lauren Hibbs
Title: Executive Director
Phone: (509) 963-3814
Website: CWU Campus Locations
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.