Public Relations Principal, Public Affairs & Healthcare at Hill+Knowlton Strategies
Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Tampa, FloridaJob Description:
Public affairs • Tampa, Florida
Position at Hill+Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is a seeking bright, confident, and dynamic Principal to join our Tampa, FL team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with a diverse mix of clients in the public affairs, corporate, healthcare and utilities sectors. The Principal will serve as a day-to-day client lead on various accounts while also working closely with other H+K client teams. This role includes developing strategic communications plans, implementing tactics, and overseeing client financial and administrative functions. This role is equivalent to an Account Supervisor.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delivers sound counsel to client on routine matters, consistently anticipating client needs and potential issues, executing programs to client satisfaction, and representing client before various audiences
- Writes annual program and project plans, news releases, pitches, fact sheets, whitepapers, Q&A's, articles, matte stories, by-lined articles, etc.
- Carries out media placement activities with local and national media, key reporters and online influencers
- Responsible for quality control of assigned client programs: edits/approves written copy, writes copy, presentations, etc.
- Mentors and assigns responsibility to junior team members for implementation of client program elements, ensuring work product is of high quality and on strategy
- Provides leadership and sound judgment to the team and client as crises arise
- Independently develops and manages budgets for client programs
- Actively participates in new business activities (pitches/presentation preparation)
Qualifications & Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in PR, marketing, or journalism
- 5-6 years of full-time PR experience with expertise in public affairs, healthcare and/or corporate communications
- PR agency experience is a plus
- Proven experience planning and delivering successful, broad-based PR programs to achieve client program objectives
- Strong writing skills a must
- Advanced media relations experience with established media contacts, placements, and successes
- Persuasive and articulate communicator, conversant with client business
- Strong social media skills
- Proven ability to accurately develop and manage budgets
- Experience managing/mentoring interns and junior level staff
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive benefits package-including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, schedule flexibility (hours & location), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, commuter assistance and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts that include on-the-verge startups and global giants
- An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative office culture
- New business commission potential and employee referral bonus
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best