Senior UI/UX Designer (Contract) at EA
Posted in Art 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Redwood City, California
Senior UI/UX Designer (Contract)
Location: Redwood Shores
Team: EA Mobile – Pogo
Term: Contract – 12 months (Maternity leave)
Area of Interest: Art
At Pogo, we exist to be the best casual games destination in the world and we want you to join us! We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team here in Redwood City, California on a 12-month contract. If you’re passionate about gaming and working on a dedicated team for one of EAs longest running live services, come work with us in the Pogo Studio
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer (contract) to help support the launch of our next generation gaming destination. As a Senior UX Designer, you will refine, manage and ship interfaces for achievements, collections and social features. You will partner closely with engineering, artists, producers and writers during the production phase to provide continuous improvements and project deliverables for our re-design initiative.
The ideal candidate is comfortable dealing with product legacy and finding innovative solutions to balance user needs and technical constraints. You are detail oriented and masterfully combine functionality and playfulness in your design deliverables.
You’ll be working on:
- Quickly and thoroughly shipping high fidelity designs of new features and prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems.
- Advocating for good user experience across our teams and platform.
- Sharing and revising designs based on business requirements, product performance, user feedback and engineering constraints.
- Creating and maintaining design documentation across the entire product.
- Insuring a high-quality experience through continuous feedback and bug filing.
- Collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team to evolve existing patterns for new features.
Requirements for the role:
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop user stories, wireframes, flow diagrams, prototypes and high-fidelity visuals.
- Proficiency with current design tools including Sketch, inVision, Zeplin, etc.
- Fluent in responsive design, mobile and tablet UI/UX.
- A deep empathy for the user.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices.
Pogo has been leading the way for online casual games since 1998. We are the ultimate online community to play free online games, including many classic card and board games as well as great original content. Our unique service provides countless hours of fun to millions of Pogo fans.