Medical Billing Specialist at Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois
Responsible for billing claims to the appropriate payor and following up on unpaid claims.Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is the largest independent, locally owned and operated Emergency Medical Service provider in Northern Illinois and Northwest Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. We provide wheelchair transportation, Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, and Critical Care Ground Transportation; as well as Critical Care Rotary Air Transportation. Much of our proven success is attributable to the exceptional, compassionate customer service provided by our employees.
Responsible for billing claims to the appropriate payor and following up on unpaid claims
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verifies insurance eligibility
- Enters pertinent data elements into the billing system , and submits claims to the proper payor
- Follows up with payors on unpaid claims, and takes action to correct issues delaying payment
- Requests authorizations required for claims processing
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills when communicating with patients, payors and facilities
- Completes special assignments and projects with minimal supervision and consistently meets the department's performance, production and quality standards
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance with insurance local state and federal regulations related to ambulance billing
- Processes correspondence with adherence to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines
- Maintain knowledge of functional area and company policies and procedures
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalency
- Healthcare, medical terminology and third party payer knowledge preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times
- Strong skills with MS office and windows applications
- Proficient personal computer skills
- Typing of at least 40 WPM.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to work in a team fostered environment
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer . Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D