Teller - Travel - Full Time at Chemical Bank
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Bay City, MichiganJob Description:
Status Type Full-Time
Department Bay City Bangor
Work Hours Flexiable schedule monday through friday including a saturday rotation
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
The Teller- Travel provides support to various banking centers within the assigned district/s and is responsible for assisting customers with various types of transactions while effectively maintaining a cash drawer and providing an enjoyable, valuable and memorable customer experience, which includes prompt, efficient and accurate service. In addition, the Teller-Travel engages customers in dialogue to uncover needs for products and services.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* 0 - 1 Years experience in function
* 0 - 1 Years experience in industry
* Prior cash handling and / or customer service experience required.
* Basic computer skills using Windows-based software required; prior experience with bank specific software preferred.
* Proficient verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to deliver effective communication positively with a customer service approach.
* Flexibility and adaptability to work with a variety of banking centers with varied customer demographics.
* Strong attention to detail, while demonstrating accuracy in performing all work assignments. Excellent organization and time management skills.
* Ability to make sound and reasonable decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction with the Bank's exposure to loss and / or fraud.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Promptly greet customers, identify needs, and establish and maintain professional, courteous and positive dialogue.
* Efficiently and accurately process various customer transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, check cashing, issuing cashier's checks, etc., while maintaining operational excellence and providing an exceptional customer experience.
* Examine checks deposited to determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices.
* Maintain an adequate cash drawer at all times; this includes buying and selling currency from the vault as necessary, while ensuring cash limits are not exceeded and securing against loss by ensuring safekeeping of money.
* Balance cash drawer in accordance with Bank procedures and regulations.
* Support banking center goals, which includes assessing customer needs, promoting, cross selling, referring and educating customers on the various products and services offered by the bank.
* Resolve customer concerns and issues promptly and effectively; ensure issues are properly escalated when necessary.
* Keep abreast of new and existing products and services offered by the bank; educate customers on various products and services, explaining key features and benefits.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of processes and procedures and maintain a general knowledge of branch operations.
* Provide assistance in opening and closing procedures for the banking center.
* May assist with processing of ATM, night drop and coin machine.
* Understand the banking center's business objectives and goals.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of regulatory, security, operational and audit compliance.
* Provide assistance in audit related activities when necessary.
* Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information confidential.
Other / Miscellaneous
* Actively participate in sales meetings and campaigns.
* Participate in Community Reinvestment Act efforts and activities.
CHEMICAL BANK SUCCESS PROFILE
All team members are expected to exhibit the following competencies associated with our
Corporate Success Profile:
* Customer Dedication
* Community Immersion
* Relationship Building
* Team Player
* Creative Initiative
* High Standards
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Team members in this role should also exhibit the following competencies:
* Job Knowledge
* Organizing and Planning
* Positive Impact
* Mission Focus
* Problem Solving / Decision Making
As a Chemical Banker, you will join other professionals who share our community banking philosophy of making a positive impact where we live, work and play. You will be a part of a growing community bank that believes in the dreams of its customers and employees alike. With Chemical Bank, you will make a difference in your community while enjoying excellent benefits and top career opportunities. Visit our Careers Page for more information.